Introduction

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Introduction

Postby janluvs2heel » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:16 pm

HI,

I was invited to join this group by Toadfood when I posted in MWL about Mary's Mini Diet so here I am.

I started my 1st time with McD' in 1998, lost 40 lbs, started a new job, let that be my excuse for stress & slowing regained the weight. Then I started on a path of low carb, doing nothing, gaining weight, feeling miserable, McDng on & off. Anyway, I have struggled with weight issues all my life but I have realized I only dieted to lose weight. I never cared about my health, although I figured if I lost weight, good health would naturally go hand in hand. The problem was I never lost enough weight or kept it off long enough to find out. After reading Mad Cowboy, well, let's just say it has totally changed my persepective. I started about 6 weeks ago or so, but I wasn't quite serious enough. Oh, yes, I can give up meat, chicken, fish, etc. but other stuff proved to be more challenging. Still I lost a few lbs & overall felt better. A little more than a week ago, I decided this was stupid, if I was going to do it, I need to do it right. So I decided to try Mary's Mini as a jump start. I started last Friday, 3-20. I also gave up my cup of coffee in the am. I had 3 days of headaches & just feeling lousy, but I perservered. By Mon, I had lost 4 lbs. I was so excited. My BP dropped to 116/78, previously it had been 130/90, so I experienced a couple days of dizziness when I got up in the am. I decided to start MWL on Thursday. Thurs. am I weighed myself, I had lost 7 lbs, that is over a lb. a day, too fast. So here I am, I am not focusing on weight loss. I am focusing on health. They should go hand in hand.
I am feeling good, more energy, happier.
My daughter is also a McDgougaller & is raising her 2 daughters (one on the way, due in May) as well. We wont talk about her husband, but he tries.

Thanks for allowing me to join this group. I will report my weight loss on 4-2.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby toadfood » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Jan, welcome to the forum! This is the thread I was talking about: http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10735&highlight=

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Re:Introduction

Postby janluvs2heel » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:08 pm

I know Toadfood, I started to do a new post, then I got interrupted. Then forgot I hadn't changed it when I decided to do the introduction

Oh, well.

Anyway, here I am.

Jan
Jan
janluvs2heel

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program