Mary's Mini

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Mary's Mini

Postby chrlse » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:12 pm

I am new to this website and after browsing for some time, I am still unable to find information about Mary's Mini.
If possible, could some one please post the url that would take me to it?
Thanks.
chrlse
chrlse

Postby MelissaB » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:52 pm

See if these help:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/june/marys.htm

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/july/marys2.htm

I just googled Mary's mini and found these links to newsletters.
MelissaB

Postby chrlse » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks for the information. I am faced with a log-in challenge which appears to be solved.
Chrlse[/b]
chrlse

Postby MaryW » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm

You can also use the search feature on the site to find things. I've used it successfully before.
MaryW

Re: Mary's Mini

Postby janluvs2heel » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:01 am

Hi-

I started with Mary's Mini. I haven't actually found it written down, but basically you decide on one starch, say potato. Then add veggies, around that 1 starch. 2 fruits a day. Still eat until you are full. I recently did MM to get me back on track. I dropped 7 lbs. in 6 days, dropped my BP down to 116/78, from 130/90. On the 7th day I started MWL as I was having a little problem with dizziness from the BP drop.

My standard day was:

Breakfast: hash browns

snack: banana

Lunch: 1-2 potatos, any kind
veggies

snack: apple

dinner: 1-2 potatos, any kind
veggies

Although it sounds a bit boring, okay it is, but it is easy because it doesn't take a lot of thought or preparation. Mostly I was full after 1 potato. It really turned off my appetite & took away my cravings.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Mary's Mini :-)

Postby cass » Sun May 03, 2009 12:40 pm

Here I was, looking around for recipes and stressing out over making menus, shopping lists, and cooking. There are so many great vegan blogs with yummy recipes, that it overwhelmed me! I'm a good cook, but I just do not want to complicate my re-entry into veganism.

Then I just read the info about Mary's Mini. Simple, and easy to prepare. A short shopping list. AHHH, a sense of relief came over me. I am excited about it!

And I realized that when I have tried to go vegan in the past, I stressed out too much over the variety, the cooking, the lists, and about the potential for indigestion and gas (beans, salsa).

My new motto:
Mary's Mini: A little monotony can be a wonderful thing.
:-)

Now, I'm going out to buy some potatoes, some greens and broccoli, and a few bananas and oranges. What an easy way to shop, cook, lose weight, and live! THANK YOU, MARY!
It's never too late to try again and get it right!

cass

Postby ChrisinPS » Mon May 04, 2009 1:42 pm

I think the simplicity of this way of eating is my favorite.
I use brown rice for a starch. I visit Trader Joe's and get a couple of boxes to keep in reserve. Usually, I make a large pot every other day.

For vegetatable, I like to use the frozen vegetable from Trader Joe's. I work long hours and I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I eat at least one package every day - usually spread over three meals or more if I choose.

I may have 1/4 to 1/2 cup of beans (lentils are my favorite), but not every day. And at night I have one piece of fruit, whatever is available at the grocery.

I walk for one hour every morning. If I feel restless, I walk again in the evening.

At first my blood pressure did not seem to want to change, but after a couple of weeks it has started dropping like crazy. So far I have stopped three of the medications and I put in another call this morning to the doctor to recommend which I should reduce today. BP is 112/64. There are three remaining to pick from.

And I feel good and I am not hungry.
ChrisinPS
ChrisinPS

Postby sigma957 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Cass and Chris, it's great to hear about your successes with Mary's mini. Thanks so much for sharing. It's very encouraging to me.

Barbara
You must believe that you are worth the trouble.
When you stumble, make it part of the dance!
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

sigma957

Postby chewy » Sun May 24, 2009 3:07 pm

is anyone else currently following mary's mini with brown rice as the starch?
chewy

Postby Jackie J » Mon May 25, 2009 2:38 pm

I have - but i just "cheated" and used up a sweet potato that looked like it might go bad if i didn't use it soon - it was so sweet, after just having brown rice. i'm liking the brown rice better than baked potatoes - so far, working well.
Jackie J

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program