cholesterol info for Pat (or anyone else)

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

cholesterol info for Pat (or anyone else)

Postby MaryW » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Pat, I read about your cholesterol troubles in your intro. I read a book at the library that might be helpful. It's called Cholesterol Down by Janet Brill. Although she doesn't recommend a meat-free diet, she does have some very simple ideas on lowering cholesterol. In her book, she explains how each item works to reduce your cholesterol (very interesting info). She says that if you follow all of her points at the same time, they will give you the same results as taking a cholesterol lowering drug! I'd recommend getting the book for full details (check you local library). Some of her points include apples, garlic, oatmeal, Metamucil, flax seeds and walking. All simple things. In fact you can make it even easier by combining them, such as oatmeal with chopped apple and sprinkled with ground flax seeds.

I found a link to the author's site also:

http://www.cholesteroldownbook.com/

Hopefully this will help!
MaryW

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program