New Member 4/6/09

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

New Member 4/6/09

Postby TeresaMH » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:39 am

Hello Everyone, Just joined this forum and am so excited to have a place to chat about successes, challenges, etc....and hear how others are doing. Thanks for this opportunity for support and encouragement! Have been thrilled with McDougal's plan and am down about 5 pounds. Big deal for me after years of diets and screwing up my metabolism. I love to eat, so this is heaven. Miss cheese the most, but in time, maybe that will be less of a big deal.
Teresa M H, Northern California :D
TeresaMH

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:51 am

Welcome aboard. Hope you join us on the April weight loss thread too.

It is nice to have a place to go and take about successes or challenges. Also a great place to find new recipes :-D
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Letha. » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Welcome aboard Teresa M H,
Lots of folks have a hard time giving up cheese and it appears there is a good reason. Check out this article on the topic.

http://www.pcrm.org/news/commentary030519.html

Here's a brief excerpt.

"Several scientific teams have shown that the principal protein in cheese, casein, breaks apart during digestion to produce abundant amounts of morphine-like compounds called casomorphins. Biologically, these opiates appear to be responsible for part of the mother-infant bond that occurs during nursing."

:)
Letha
Letha.

Warm welcomes--Thanks!

Postby TeresaMH » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. This is all so timely, finding the forum and then actually joining---broke my ankle, so my new efforts to walk and move every week have to be re-evaluated. I'm sure not moving will affect weight!! So I need to focus on being aerobic without being able to walk well. (Wearing an "e-boot" until I see the poditrist tomorrow.
And thank you so much for the article on cheese, Letha! I wasn't even thinking of it as a "comfort food" or drug-kind of source (morphine) What helpful information. The more I learn, it seems to be easier to choose more healthful foods. (I was able to give up hot dogs awhile back when I learned what they were made of.....yuck yuck yuck.)
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome! Tomorrow is going to be a great day! teresa m h
TeresaMH

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program