May'09 - MWL, "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

May'09 - MWL, "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"

Postby LauraA » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Here's our brand new board for the month of May. For many of us, this will be month 7 of our MWL group. Welcome to everyone! We just give and receive support and encouragement here. Some of us weigh in on Thursdays, and Letha posts how we are doing as a group (thanks, Letha!) Some of us post how we are doing with our exercise plans on Sundays. Please join us - the more the merrier!! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Letha. » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Count me in for the month of May. I love this group. :)
Letha
Letha.

Postby Starchyme » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm in also!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby slugmom » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm in! It'll be my first whole month -- the possibilities are exciting, sticking to MWL for an entire month!!
- Kim

slugmom

Postby MelissaB » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm definitely in!
MelissaB

May 2009

Postby Riva » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:32 pm

I'm here for May.
Still traveling and doing well.
My hosts in Virginia were so good to me. They made perfect foods and had lots of things available. The only thing I gave in to were the 100%whole wheat bagels. ZERO fat listed but had oil as an ingredient. Just confessing.

Now I have a new challenge; my mom's home. I have shopped and am eating right but my old habits start talking to me. Every environment has its devils calling out, don't they?

Two people I normally visit over a meal in a restaurant I steered toward a hanging out at home visit. Yey! 3 in a restaurant but I picked well and should be able to have baked potato and steamed vegetables in each.

Wow, it is hard emotional work sometimes. Discipline takes work.
But I am doing it....so far so good.

Riva
Riva

Me too!

Postby JessNZ » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 am

This helps keep me on plan!
JessNZ

Postby Starchyme » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:40 am

Good morning. Happy to report I lost 1 1/2 lbs this past week. Glad to see it go!

Goal this week is to get back to walking and strength training.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

New to the Group

Postby Marpiedra » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:21 am

Hi! My name is Joan and I am new to the group. Started the MWL program this week. I started at 163.5 pounds and have lost 1.5 as of this morning. I am glad to have found this discussion board as I am hoping it will help to keep me accountable and motivated.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUVIjNF/]
[/url]
Marpiedra

Postby mairead11 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:48 am

Welcome to the group Marpiedra!

Count me in too, please. It's nice to be able to visit here and know that I'm not "crazy" for wanting to eat this healthy way. Thanks everyone for showing up!
Mairead
mairead11

Re: May 2009

Postby txjack » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:23 am

Riva wrote:Now I have a new challenge; my mom's home. I have shopped and am eating right but my old habits start talking to me. Every environment has its devils calling out, don't they?

I'M IN FOR MAY!!

I know how it is with moms. My mom is a widow and lives an hour from me and I can't convince her to move closer. Familiarity I guess, because all the relatives that were there are now either deceased or have moved away. So, I check on her daily by phone and she is always concerned that I am killing myself eating this way. You gotta love moms, but that old "you have to eat your meat and drink plenty of milk for calcium" stuff is old news. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxEU0X7/]
[/url]
txjack

Postby Felini » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am

Me too!

Felini

"I know I can, I know You can!"
Felini

moms

Postby Riva » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:41 am

Of course, I am a mom too and I am getting just as bad when I talk to MY mom...I think she should eat my way and she wouldn't have all her problems. But I have backed off. She is highly disciplined and eats according to her drs plan. We are like opposites. On the train she ate her meat and I ate the potato and salad off her plate.
Riva
Riva

Postby eaufraiche703 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:21 am

I'm in!

My son is out of Iraq, and out of the Army (unless something bad happens in the next 3 years - cross fingers!) and WHEW it's time to exhale, relax and get me back on track!

Doing Mary's to get rolling (and down 7 pounds - woo hoo) but transitioning to MWL in about a week!

Now's the time - yippee!
eaufraiche703

Postby Bambie113 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 am

I'm in ofcourse, I mostly just read others posts and linger but I've been here since January plugging away and trying to stay on track. I got lost in February and spent March trying to get my head back in the game. I'm back to the weight I was at when I posted the ticker at -10lbs so thats exciting!

Also I'm very excited I ordered the DVDs that are 70$ with everyone's different lectures and also the protien one from Mcdougall and I can't wait to watch them.. As soon as I find time to sit infront of the tv!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program