Hi

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hi

Postby Calantha » Fri May 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Hello, everyone. I'd like to join you for the rest of May.

I started on the McD way of eating about 2 months ago and lost 5 pounds in a couple of weeks (yay! that was so thrilling). Then I stayed at that weight for weeks (I wasn't completely on plan). I decided to do Mary's Mini to jumpstart the McD principles and weight loss again, and I have lost 2 more pounds in 3 weeks. It's slow going but at least I'm going in the right direction, and I'm getting smarter about what to eat and not eat (i.e., baby carrots are better snacks than caramel rice cakes!) It's great to read all your posts and get encouragement from them.
Calantha

Calantha

Postby LauraA » Sat May 16, 2009 6:37 am

Hi, and welcome! Our group posts under the thread "May '09 MWL, On Plan and planning to stay that way." We're happy to have you. You'll find this to be a very supportive group. We usually weigh in on Thursdays, and post how much we have gained or lost. This is optional, of course. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby slugmom » Sat May 16, 2009 8:35 am

Hi! Welcome! :)

I feel like I'm learning and getting smarter about what to eat all the time, too!
- Kim

slugmom

Postby Faith in DC » Mon May 18, 2009 10:39 am

Welcome. Over the past 3 1/2 yrs I've tried to focus on how I will eat all the time for my health, and basically try to forget what I've lost or not lost. It's helped make the journey less stressful and a happy one.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby MilesA » Mon May 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Welcome!

It helps to not focus so much on the weight. Think about health and the weight loss will happen almost as a side benefit.

I've lost about 80 pounds since I started but it has been not been a steady loss and has not been as quick as I wanted. There are about 35 more pounds to go but I am not discouraged since I know they will be lost if I continue this way.
MilesA

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program