JUNE '09 MWL "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

JUNE '09 MWL "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!

Postby LauraA » Sun May 31, 2009 7:53 am

Welcome to our June MWL thread. This is the 8th month for our very supportive group! Our group has lost a grand total of 726.4 pounds in 2009!! Everyone is welcome here - most of us follow MWL, Mary's Mimi, or "mostly" MWL. Many of us post daily, or several times per week. Most of us weigh in on Thursdays and proudly post our losses. Some of us post about our exercise for the week on Sundays. I want to thanks beanie for keeping track of the weight losses for the month of May, and thank mairead11 who will take over for the month of June. Mairead11, I will leave it to you to find someone to take over for July. I think that Felini has agreed to help, and maybe could do it for July. Each month, whoever posts the weight loss results should recruit the person for the following month. I'll continue to start our new threads, as I've done since last November. I will be in Tanzania for most of June, and probably won't get to post or read very often. I'll be in a very remote area working at an orphanage. There is internet access there, but very little time, and very little electricity. Everyone have a great month! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Letha. » Sun May 31, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm in for another month. :)
Letha
Letha.

Postby droxine » Sun May 31, 2009 4:16 pm

Me, too! June's going to be a great month. :-)

Droxine
droxine

Postby slugmom » Sun May 31, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm in! I had a good May (down 5 lbs) but not a great May - splurges and faltering probably halved my potential success. I am once again setting my sighs on seeing what a fudge-free month could look like. And yet, I have done better than ever at getting *back on track* after faltering. I have faltered more than I wanted and struggled to get back on track, but I have NOT stayed laying in the wagon ruts giving up.

But I'd love for June to be the month I learn than SAD food lies when it calls temptingly. I don't know that I've ever once 'splurged' and thought, "I'm so glad I did that!" Instead I'm always bummed that it wasn't as tasty/satisfying as I hoped and discouraged when the scale reflects the indiscretion. SO! June's plan - On plan and *planning to stay that way* !!
- Kim

slugmom

Postby woods38 » Sun May 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi all! I would like to commit to MWL for June.

I have been slowly improving my diet and increasing my exercise. I feel ready for this challange. I've been mostly vegetarian for years and I have given up milk for the past month or so but occasionally have had cheese. I am ready to give it up and try this eating style out. I have lost 40 lbs. since May 2008 and I have about 15 more lbs until I get to goal.
woods38

Rededication - June

Postby beanie » Sun May 31, 2009 6:20 pm

Hey, hey, hey - a new month. A fresh start - time to look at how things are going and look for ways to improve.

I'm in for another month.

This month should be a great one for us all! Yay, summer! The produce is fresh and abundant and the selection is great. Last night's dinner was corn on the cob, salad, watermelon and baked beans. Totally awesome, easy to make and really tasty!

My goals for June are to step up my exercise a bit and really stay on track with the MWL plan better than ever.

For the exercise goal: I've signed up for a deep water running class that meets once a week and have joined the local running club. Our group meets twice a week.

For the eating goal: I'm going to keep on track and stay accountable to myself by writing EVERYTHING down that I eat. I bought a neat mini moleskine notebook at the bookstore that fits inside my wallet. It will go with me everywhere.

I'm looking forward to another month with you all. I didn't post much last month but plan to get with it again this month. I'll post Thursday weigh-ins and Sunday exercise reports for sure and try to check-in on the other days to offer support and let you all know how things are going.

Best of luck to you all this month!
Beanie
beanie

Postby MelissaB » Sun May 31, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm in again!
MelissaB

Postby toadfood » Sun May 31, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm in! For June I'm focusing on staying consistent with exercise and increasing my vegetable intake.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby mairead11 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:15 pm

I am in for June! and as there are lots of planned activities and a heavy workload this month, I am hoping that doing the weekly tally can help keep me on track. Slow and steady!!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
mairead11

Postby sigma957 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:53 pm

I'm in for this month. Regular 12 day mostly.
You must believe that you are worth the trouble.
When you stumble, make it part of the dance!
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

sigma957

Postby susie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:05 am

Beanie it's winter down here! I am in for June!
susie

Postby LauraA » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:10 am

woods38 wrote:Hi all! I would like to commit to MWL for June.

I have been slowly improving my diet and increasing my exercise. I feel ready for this challange. I've been mostly vegetarian for years and I have given up milk for the past month or so but occasionally have had cheese. I am ready to give it up and try this eating style out. I have lost 40 lbs. since May 2008 and I have about 15 more lbs until I get to goal.

Welcome, we're so glad to have you - it sounds like you are doing great!! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Re: Rededication - June

Postby LauraA » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:13 am

beanie wrote:Hey, hey, hey - a new month. A fresh start - time to look at how things are going and look for ways to improve.

I'm in for another month.

This month should be a great one for us all! Yay, summer! The produce is fresh and abundant and the selection is great. Last night's dinner was corn on the cob, salad, watermelon and baked beans. Totally awesome, easy to make and really tasty!

My goals for June are to step up my exercise a bit and really stay on track with the MWL plan better than ever.

For the exercise goal: I've signed up for a deep water running class that meets once a week and have joined the local running club. Our group meets twice a week.

For the eating goal: I'm going to keep on track and stay accountable to myself by writing EVERYTHING down that I eat. I bought a neat mini moleskine notebook at the bookstore that fits inside my wallet. It will go with me everywhere.

I'm looking forward to another month with you all. I didn't post much last month but plan to get with it again this month. I'll post Thursday weigh-ins and Sunday exercise reports for sure and try to check-in on the other days to offer support and let you all know how things are going.

Best of luck to you all this month!
Beanie

Beanie - can you give details of the deep water running? How would you do it if not in a class? How deep is the water, etc? Do you wear some water shoes or not? Thanks, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Postby Bambie113 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:06 am

I'm in for the month of JUNE!! Disney Land tomorrow!! yay!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby New Dawn » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:47 am

I'm in for June!
New Dawn 04.06.09
New Dawn

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program