Popping In To Say Hello

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Popping In To Say Hello

Postby Neeses2Pieces » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:36 pm

Hello there~

I've just completed my first week on MWL and can't believe the difference a week makes. I was previously vegetarian, but still working through weight issues and a negative relationship with food and wanted to transition to vegan and a more clean-eating program. What a blessing to find Dr. McDougall.

Though my taste buds are adjusting to the new techniques of cooking without the use of oil/dairy products, my partner and I have never experienced such a freedom from cravings and a drive to eat, and eat, and eat...without ever feeling satisfied.

Going through the kitchen and getting rid of the foods that would not support our efforts was actually quite fun...and helped me realize how nasty my refrigerator was. :eek:

We have lots to learn, but will get there. I will be working to release ~60 pounds and she probably has less than that to loose, but still a journey for her as well.

I've enjoyed reading through all your posts and have found them so helpful in finding answers to our initial questions. So thank you for all of that.

I look forward to getting to know you.

In health,
Christy
Christy Neese

Neeses2Pieces

Thanks...

Postby f1jim » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks Cristy for your thoughtful post. Nice to hear of your progress so quickly. Your post will stand as a testament that even vegetarian diets can be cleaned up considerably, and that the benefits of doing this are immediate and obvious.
f1jim
f1jim

Postby toadfood » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Welcome, Christy! Come join the June "on plan and planning to stay that way" MWL thread, if you're so inclined. It's a very supportive group. Some of us post our weight losses weekly, but you don't have to do that to participate.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:38 am

Great Dive there Christy. You took the plunge head on. Just wait the best is yet to come.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Clary » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:42 am

Your are doing great, Christy. Thanks for sharing your positive message!

Welcome, and Keep Coming Back! :nod:
"LIFE always begins again." --Edmond Bordeaux Székely
Clary

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program