JULY 09 MWL "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

JULY 09 MWL "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"

Postby LauraA » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 am

I'm home from Tanzania and my family reunion in Alabama. I now have about 15 family members staying with us here in Georgia, and we are having great fun. I haven't been on line since Sunday, and woke up today and realized that it is July 1!! YIKES - here is our new thread for July. I'm sorry to be so late. There are many June messages that I still need to read. The good news? I think that I stayed about the same weight during all of my travels. Also, my wonderful son, Paul the chef, is making sure that there is something McDougall friendly at each of our dinners here. We are usually having 18 - 20 on our porch every night for dinner, because my brother and sister in law live right down the street. We hare having so much fun! Anyway, welcome to our thread for July. Everyone is welcome! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby mairead11 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:12 am

Laura—thanks for starting the new thread! Delighted to have you back state-side, where it can only be easier for you to be on plan. [note I say easier...not easy! :lol:]

Also, just a reminder to everyone that tomorrow [Thursday] is weigh-in day.
Please post your change in weight since last Thursday.

I'll total everything and post the results on Friday.
Thanks,
Mairead
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
mairead11

Postby Letha. » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:18 am

Count me in for another month. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. I’ll be back tomorrow to post my weekly weight loss.
Letha
Letha.

Postby slugmom » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:26 am

I'm in for July. I've been struggling here at the end of June, since returning from my trip. Once again I'm thinking - Imagine what could happen if I actually stayed completely on plan for the whole month?!

I'm making July the month to find out!

I suspect I will be up somewhat tomorrow over last week. :/ but I will go from there and look forward to a good month.
- Kim

slugmom

Postby nomikins » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:41 am

New month, new beginning.
nomikins

Postby Shackwacky » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:05 am

I am definitely in for July! Will post my this week result now, as I am heading to the lake for the next week.

I have lost another 2.8 - or released them or whatever it is that we do to them you are so gone never coming back pounds :)

I am happy I am on this program, it is so nice to see the scale actually going DOWN for a change.

This week should be interesting as I have never camped without over indulging in all that good camping food and fireside beers. Also I rolled my ankle last night so exercise may be difficult unless its warm enough to swim.

Happy week everyone! :P
Shackwacky

joining for first time

Postby raven » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:46 am

I have been on MWL for 3 weeks as of today. I've lost 5.5 pounds. My weight stayed the same for 12 days and now is going down again. I'm in for July.

It's great to be a part of this and to read of all your progress, and even lack of progress, as it educates us all.
raven

Postby sanlee » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:06 am

I'd like to join you -- it's so encouraging to read about successes! I've been on the plan for a little over a week. Unfortunately, I've actually gained a bit despite being 100% compliant and keeping calories between 1300-1700.

I'm hypothyroid and diabetic, so maybe it'll just take me a little longer to see results -- at least I hope that's all it is!
sanlee

Postby Felini » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:38 am

Welcome back Laura.

Please count me in for July.

Felini

"I know I can, I know You can!"
Felini

Postby Bambie113 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:57 am

I'm in for July!! Good luck everyone!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby toadfood » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:58 am

Welcome back, Laura, and thanks for keeping the thread going.

I'm in for July. I was a slacker in June -- went two weeks without posting -- and my health has suffered as a result. I am committing to being on track in July and posting every day. Thanks for being here, everyone.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

On plan

Postby seestorcoo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:05 pm

and planning to stay that way. I don't expect a weight loss tomorrow because its that time of month but I feel like I'm doing okay in reality.

My plan today is:

Stay 100% MWL.

At least 5 servings vegies.

Take my food with me when I go visit a friend.

Maybe take a walk?
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

I'm in!

Postby Love the Lorax » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:35 pm

I'm looking forward to losing some more weight this month! My biggest struggle is staying off of grains.... I do limit it to whole grains, but sometimes a dish of pasta is just so yummy.... On a good note I am OFF the Coke a Cola!!! WOW.... that was hard, hard, hard. But, when I don't drink Coke my weight, blood pressure, and frequency of migraines all drop significantly. I'm also exercising much more regularly. Getting that muscle mass up is hard work....
Love the Lorax

In for July

Postby Riva » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Here I am for July. thanks!
Riva
Riva

Postby gypwytch » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm going to try once again to get on the MWL plan as of tomorrow. It was Canada Day here and the neighbours hosted a big street party to celebrate. I decided to delay starting by one day and allow myself to relax at the party. Everyone was taking pictures there, and I'm cringing at the thought of seeing any of the photo's with me in them. I've got 115lbs. to lose and I'm tired of all the false starts, trying to get on the plan. My family is FAR from supportive or helpful when it comes to me changing to a vegan diet. But I'm going to give it another go anyways..... eventually I'll succeed.
-Sandra
It's just me.
gypwytch

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program