Lurker turned board member

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Lurker turned board member

Postby Griffin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:16 pm

I wanted to thank everyone for the great information I have read so far. I have been reading this board for a few weeks and decided to join in.

I have been vegan since January 2009 after reading The China Study and I've never looked back. Since I was not losing as much weight as I expected I would just by cutting out the animal products and their secretions, I began investigating McD program.

I began the program three weeks ago and have been pretty strict MWL for about 2 weeks. I am down 12 pounds so far. Turns out, I was eating a lot of fat in my vegan diet and cutting that out along with the flour has made a speedy difference.

So far, I'm loving it. This is the best decision I've made since becoming vegan.

So anyway, hello!

http://www.VisitOwl.com My new project to improve restaurants for vegans
Griffin

Postby Letha. » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Hi Griffin,
Welcome! Congratulations on the 12 pound loss. Most Excellent. We have a MWL group thread that we start up every month. We have a weekly weigh-in every Thursday and we share our progress, challenges, provide support. Check us out. :)

http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12517

Letha
Letha.

Postby toadfood » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Welcome! You're off to a fantastic start.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby Griffin » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:15 am

Thanks! Yeah, I saw the MWL thread but the stats were calculated by the time I registered so I didn't want to mess things up. I'll make it there this week hopefully.

In the mean time, I'm down another pound. I know I shouldn't weigh every day but I find it so motivating to jump out of bed in the mornings when that scale keeps steadily going down.

http://www.VisitOwl.com My new project to improve restaurants for vegans
Griffin

Postby LauraA » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:56 pm

Griffin wrote:Thanks! Yeah, I saw the MWL thread but the stats were calculated by the time I registered so I didn't want to mess things up. I'll make it there this week hopefully.

In the mean time, I'm down another pound. I know I shouldn't weigh every day but I find it so motivating to jump out of bed in the mornings when that scale keeps steadily going down.

Hi, and welcome - you are doing great! Please join in on the MWL thread to give and receive support, as well as for our weekly weigh-ins. If you like to weigh in more often, just hop on and off the scale daily, or whenever, but only "count" the one that you do on Thursday morning! Also, when you weigh in next Thursday, put your loss for the whole time! We like to add up all of the pounds lost! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Hi Griffin

Postby f1jim » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:11 pm

Thanks for getting active here and for the background. I agree, you look like you are off to a running start.
Thanks for joining the thread.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:15 am

welcome, I hope you do join us on our monthly count down thread.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program