Returning to McDougall

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Returning to McDougall

Postby Gramma Jackie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi,

I've been away for awhile and although I lost a little weight on other plans (10 lbs in a year), I was not feeling that great, so I am returning to McDougalling. I also feel its better for the planet's environment to not eat meat. I would like to join your weight loss thread. I live in Columbus, OH and would like to meet others from this area who are doing the McDougall Diet, if there are any.
Gramma Jackie

Postby Plumerias » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Oh Jackie! You just missed our local event, two days ago!!! Meet your local McDougallers in the food and recipe section.
Plumerias

Postby Gramma Jackie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:38 pm

Plumerias wrote:Oh Jackie! You just missed our local event, two days ago!!! Meet your local McDougallers in the food and recipe section.

Well I hope you get together again sometime. I would love to come to a McDougall event.
Gramma Jackie

Postby TeriTX » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:36 am

Welcome back, Gramma Jackie! I remember you. I was just starting a journal about the same time you were. Haven't kept up the journal but I am still a McDougaller. Glad to see you here again. I think you will finds lots of friendly encouragement and support.
TeriPDX
TeriTX

Postby Letha. » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:39 am

Hi Gramma Jackie,
We'd love to have on you on the MWL thread. Tomorrow is weigh in day. It's optional but lots of people find it helpful. I look forward to seeing more of you. :)
Letha
Letha.

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:43 am

Hi Gramma J
I remember you too. Sorry you took off. This is truly is the easiest and most and fullest way to lose weight.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:10 pm

Hey, Gramma Jackie, I remember you too! Welcome back, I'm looking forward to seeing LESS of you! 8)

I did other diets too, in spite of all I've learned and am back here where I belong.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby MaryW » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:58 pm

Welcome back! This is my second attempt at McDougalling and I'm doing much better this time. I'm sure you will too!
MaryW

Postby Gramma Jackie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sorry I left too. Hopefully I can stick with it this time. While I was away I didn't gain any weight, but my husband did. He was one reason I didn't stick to this before as he always wanted meat at every meal and he wanted us to go to fast food restaurants a lot. But he is so big now that he is finally willing to do McDougall with me.
Gramma Jackie

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program