Over 50 Crowd, ...Dealing with Sagging Skin During Weight...

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Over 50 Crowd, ...Dealing with Sagging Skin During Weight...

Postby Eppy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:08 am

Loss?

Last time I lost 100 pounds, I was 44-45 and had a bit of a sagging skin issue. I didn't really have the weight off long enough to tell if my skin would spring back much. This time, I am 52 and expect some saggyness. Is there any hope that things will spring back into place some, or am I destined to look like a prune? Of course if the truth be known, I would rather look like a skinny prune than a fat, plump, grape! :D
Eppy

Postby LauraA » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:38 am

Hi Eppy - I don't know about the sagging, but I'm with you - it will be better than fat! I'm 63, and I've lost and gained several times. I think that the most that I've lost before was about 50 pounds. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that my tummy and upper arms won't look great, but I'm still happy to be losing! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby veggiegram » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:51 am

Hi, I am 53 and I already have some sagging issues but I am hopeful it will go away as I exercise. Over the last 3 years I have lost 40 lbs with 70 still to lose. I am hoping for faster resultes in the future. :)

Another Nettie
Another Nettie
Life being remodeled in babysteps
veggiegram

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:45 am

well, my advice - wear clothes and stay upright. Pools as I've found out recently during water aerobics, are not kind to the sags. I thought I had something attached to me, and when I looked down it was ok, it's just my stomach.

I'm not too bugged, but it is funny. I lost slow to hopefully help the situation. If you are dealing with anything over 50 lbs to lose, the skin is bound to be pretty lose. I still would rather look good in my clothes and be healthy.

Another option I've been thinking about is playing the lottery. That money would help in improving the situation.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby veggiegram » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:07 am

I will look great in my winter clothes, summer stuff not so much. :D

Another Nettie
Another Nettie
Life being remodeled in babysteps
veggiegram

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program