Lurker turned newbie trying to stay on track! hello all!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Lurker turned newbie trying to stay on track! hello all!

Postby Nicky_25 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:39 pm

HI guys!
I have been lurking here for years, i love this place..on and off i've tried mcdougall..
I guess i never joined as i felt a bit left out being in Australia, but I know that's silly I can find the same things here and there

I tried the McDougall two years ago and lost about 8 pounds in two months or less it was great, this time i have about 20 pounds to loose (hard for me to conver kilo's to pounds for you guys!) but i've put on too much weight for my smal frame 5'1 and i feel sluggish and horrible :-(

Anyway I'm looking forward to being an active member, i have to thank you all in advance for having such a lovely and friendly forum! there's a great vibe around here.

As i work full time i find McDougalling hard but I bought a 'crock-pot' or slow cooker as we call it and I"m looking forward to doing some recipes.

I have the McDougall max weightloss plan cookbook and recently got the new McDougall Cookbook (love Amazon for shipping to Oz! it is impossible to find McDougall stuff around here!)

Happy to share any recipes from there or requests.

I'm going to try to start this week, i'm very determined. Just hard as my bf, although vegan and very healthy loves sweets and good food.. but he's very supportive.

love to all,

Nicky :wink: :thumbsup:
Nicky_25

Postby Shackwacky » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Welcome Nicky!

I am posting from Canada so kilo's works alright for me :) And yes, I had to get my books online as well.

I am loving McDougalling and I am sure you will too.
Shackwacky

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:53 pm

debbie wrote:I dont know what a kilo is. And what is a stone??

I like to watch BBC you are what u eat, but they always say you wiegh xxstone, what is that/

Deb

I had to ask also....

kilo 2.2 lbs

stone 14 lbs.

hope this helps!
ncyg46

Postby Talyae » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Welcome to the boards and out of hiding! :)
Talyae

Postby Caroveggie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 pm

yes, welcome, you have a fun post! Let us know your crockpot recipes and how things are going for you. There are a lot of resources here and support, but I guess you know that!
Caroveggie

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program