Mary Mini and Easter

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Mary Mini and Easter

Postby jmgoforth » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:59 pm

I'm a goal setter. I'm starting the Mary Mini Diet March 4th and continue until April 8th (Easter). I would like you to join me so we can support one another. I do better if I have some to be accountable to. I'm a chaplain so I have lots of stress. My officers don't eat at the healthiest places but I can always get a baked potatoe or mashed.
I'm going to starting getting ready this week.
1. Keep reading Mary's two articles.
2. Getting my suppies in order.
3. Praying for God's grace. For me if it is not spiritual I will never make it.

Let's several of us do this. I have ben loosing ever so slowly. I just need a jump start. Believe me at 60 I'm not worried about what I will look like in a bathing suit. My number one goal is my health.
God Bless,
Chaplain Mike
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Postby Sunny » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:08 am

Hi Mike,
I'm in ~~~ So do you want to post starting on day one and just keep that thread going ? Let me know.
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

I'm In

Postby jmgoforth » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:48 am

I will post my weight and report each day how things are progressing. Maybe we can share ideas as well.
Mike
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Postby Sunny » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:22 am

That will be great looking forward to it. I better go buy a new scale, mine went on the fritz. :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby hlthlvr » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:50 am

I'd like to join the group--but I'm VERY new--where will I find the guidelines? Thanks.
hlthlvr

Postby ReneeK » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:52 am

Sounds like a great challenge! I'm in.
ReneeK

mary's mini links

Postby Bons52983 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 am

here are the links for you hlthlvr

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/june/marys.htm

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/july/marys2.htm

I have been doing "mostly" Mary's mini since Jan 19th. A few days with grains & fats during that time and 1 "feast" day with 1 slice of cheese.

I have lost 19 pounds! I love it, and at this time I dont want to eat any other way. I am quite satisfied with my food.
Bonnie
Bons52983

Postby hlthlvr » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:35 pm

Oh thank you so much! I appreciate it.
hlthlvr

I'm so excited!

Postby jmgoforth » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:01 pm

I don't want to let you down!!
To cheat is to cheat myself.
No Change is no change.
I'm ready for change.
I have been a vegetarian for ten years. But a fat one.
I learned a big lesson. I went to a Chaplain Confenece and every one was teasing me because I wasn't eating meat. I was getting cheated because I still had to pay for the meat even if I didn't eat it. So I started eating meat all week.
By Friday I had what I call Vegetarian Diarrhea. I was sicker than the cow I had eaten.
Right today I cleared out any junk food that might tempt me.
I bought white and sweet potatoes.
I bike indoors every day 30 minutes to one hour.
PS I have learned from the McDougalls to be ware of tofu products.
Lots of FAT.
Also, I just drink water. NO diet drinks!
Can't wait to hear yout greazt reports.
I believe in the program.
I believe in you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chaplain Mike
jmgoforth

Sunday

Postby jmgoforth » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:07 pm

Weigh yourself
Plus take a measurement of your waist. Dr Oz says this is important as well.
Check in every day No matter want. We will be an osias of encouragement!
jmgoforth

Mary Mini

Postby Losing Linda » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:45 pm

Since I gave up gluten for Lent this will be a good challenge so count me in. I'm starting now. I'm at 157 lbs and waist 31 :eek: . My goal is to be 125 for my birthday in June and enough lost by May for our church Health fair where DH and I will present reasons to go Vegan. I find it is easier to stick with potatoes but rice for breakfast with some flax seed helps me keep bowels moving :oops: . So is this acceptable in the mini? I am trying to eat more greens. That will help. So what will you all have for Easter :D .
Losing Linda
Losing Linda

Re: I'm so excited!

Postby Puddy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:15 pm

jmgoforth wrote:I learned a big lesson. I went to a Chaplain Confenece and every one was teasing me because I wasn't eating meat. I was getting cheated because I still had to pay for the meat even if I didn't eat it. So I started eating meat all week.
By Friday I had what I call Vegetarian Diarrhea. I was sicker than the cow I had eaten.

Dr. McDougall calls it McDougall's Revenge. I'm quite familiar with it myself but wish I weren't.

I'd like to join in and see if I can stick with a commitment. That's been my downfall lately.

Puddy
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S.Lewis in Mere Christianity
Puddy

Everyone Welcome

Postby jmgoforth » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:08 pm

I think it will help to log on every day.
Also, to write down what your eating. :eek: [color=darkblue]
[/color]
jmgoforth

I'm in for this

Postby govegan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:52 am

Hi I would like to join in for this. I was going to have oatmeal for breakfast but hashbrowns it is.

I am 181 I'll have to do my waist tonight

Go Vegan
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsHc1uB/]
[/url]
govegan

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program