12 Ways to Maximum Weight Loss

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

12 Ways to Maximum Weight Loss

Postby pollkat » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:52 am

Is this book different than the MWL program? I have the above mentioned book, but can't remember all the specifics (will have to dig it out of my diet book pile & reread it). I get confused about preparing my daily food menu. Does it list how much protein, how much carb, how much fruit, etc you should have at each meal? Or for an entire day? I think my volume of food is too much as I'm not able to lose weight very well. I would like to go on something like nutrisystem, however being vegan I can't & I read the ingredients in the food & its not very good for you either. So I want to continue eating healthy, I'm just not sure if I'm eating the correct amount of stuff.
pollkat

Combining Book Titles

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:54 pm

There's The McDougall Program, 12 Days to Dynamic Health and then there's the McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss. 2 different books, 2 slightly different food programs. You can see the differences between the 2 on this web site of Michelle Dick's:

http://www.fatfree.com/diets/mcdougall.html

If you're looking to start the McDougall Program to lose weight, start with the regular one, the McDougall Program - 12 Days . . . because it's less restrictive. If you see over time that you're not losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, then switch over to the more restrictive MWLP.
VeggieSue

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program