corn thins,air popped popcorn and rice cakes....

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

corn thins,air popped popcorn and rice cakes....

Postby chewy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:46 am

i love all these foods and include them liberally in my MWL plan meals-how about you? they are great foods for effortless weight loss! do you find that too?
chewy

Postby happyalyssa » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:13 pm

I can't find corn thins (which is too bad!) but I do love air-popped popcorn. Rice cakes I can take or leave but popcorn is sooo good. Lately I like it with Frank's Red Hot Sauce. So spicy but nice:)
Start date: January 1, 2007
23 lbs lost...32 to go!
happyalyssa

Postby marybeth0051 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:58 am

yes...popcorn is great! I just make mine in a brown paper bag in the microwave...it's simple!
"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food" Hippocrates
marybeth0051

Postby libellule » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:00 pm

Beth,
How do you cook it in a brown paper bag in the microwave?? I just bought a $15 hot air popcorn popper. WHich, I would have rather not bought. Do tell!
I'll return my popper made in China. *L*

--Li
libellule

Postby marybeth0051 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm

Libellule,
just put 2-3 Tbsp of popcorn into a brown paper lunch bag, then fold end of bag 2 times so it will stay closed.....then pop in microwave. Listen until popping slows, then stop microwave..... and popcorn is ready!! I am a nurse case manager and learned that trick while following one of my heart failure patients. By popping his own popcorn in the microwave, he could ensure that there was no oil or salt in it...totally healthy!
"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food" Hippocrates
marybeth0051

Postby yana » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:25 pm

I think I am doing something not right. It was only one week since I started the plan and I think I eat too much (esp. rice cakes) How important it is to eat your veggies first and then starches?
yana

Yana

Postby kimba » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:50 am

Hey Yana,

Why not try eating your veggies with your meal. Eat some of those first, then some starch, go back to veggies. Back and forth.

I dont eat rice cakes. I think I would over eat on those, so I choose not to have them in the house.

Sometimes when Im making dinner I will have raw veggies cut up and I munch on those till dinner is ready. That way I have a head start on eating my veggies.

kimba.
kimba

Postby slugmom » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:45 am

What are "Corn Thins" ??

Is that a brand name? I didn't see it on the McDougall Approved Packaged Food list, unless I was looking in the wrong place.

Or is it just baked corn tortilla chips?

thanks,
Kim - always looking for chip-like snacks LOL :o
- Kim

slugmom

Postby hope101 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:37 am

Corn thins are McDougall approved--Scottp said they even served them in the in-house program. They are like rice cakes but made with corn. I really like them and they taste quite a bit like popcorn. Also made with organic corn, so no fear of GMO's.
hope101

Postby scottp » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:12 am

slugmom wrote:Is that a brand name? I didn't see it on the McDougall Approved Packaged Food list, unless I was looking in the wrong place.

"Corn Thins" are made by Real Foods. They are on the approved list
(see http://www.drmcdougall.com/pack_rice_cakes.html).

And, as Hope101 mentioned, they are provided among the snacks at the 10 day program.

Scott
scottp

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program