When on the Mini??

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

When on the Mini??

Postby golduchi » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:00 pm

Is it okay to switch to another main starch in the mini or do you have to stick to the same on throughout the whole time. Also how long should I be doing this mini??
Start each day anew, with no baggage from yesterday. Golduchi
golduchi

Postby happyalyssa » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:15 pm

Same starch the whole time & not positive but I think the average is 10 days?
Start date: January 1, 2007
23 lbs lost...32 to go!
happyalyssa

Postby Bons52983 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:22 pm

Well the point is boredom. I have seen people on this board quit the Mini after 3 or 4 days. I personally have been on it almost 90 days. I guess I have a high boredom tolerance.

I have used potatoes as my main starch throughout. To be completely honest, I have had a few feast days in the past 3 months but I always go right back to the mini.

A grey cold day here and I am sitting down with a huge bowl of colcannon. My new favorite comfort food.
Bonnie
Bons52983

Postby Cindee » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:51 pm

Where do you get the cute little scale to post on your own messages. Cute! Thanks Cindee :-D
"I advocate eating in the healthiest manner possible. Your body will naturally move to a healthier weight, at the speed it chooses, not some predetermined rate set by someone’s opinion." Dr. Joel Fuhrman, MD
Cindee

Postby Bons52983 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:38 pm

I got mine from 3fatchicks.com just click on the link above the scale to go there.
Bonnie
Bons52983

Re: When on the Mini??

Postby slugmom » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:19 am

golduchi wrote:Is it okay to switch to another main starch in the mini or do you have to stick to the same on throughout the whole time. Also how long should I be doing this mini??

Like Bon said, the idea is same starch for the sake of boredom ...

BUT I think if you were so bored that you might give it up, but still wanted the benefits, switching to a different starch for another time period might be in keeping with the spirit of the idea. So maybe you could do one week or 10 days or 2 weeks (whatever) of potato, then switch to rice for a week or two ... it wouldn't be quite as strict, but might still keep you from overeating from variety ...

I also read that some people kept the spirit of boredom & repetition per MEAL ~ so breakfast was always oats, lunch was always rice, dinner was always potatoes ... I don't know if that might work just as well? I suppose it depends on the person.
- Kim

slugmom

lost 4 pounds since Monday on the mini

Postby Jackie J » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:04 am

sticking with sweet potatoes, salad , fruit and cooked veggies
Jackie J

Postby Cindee » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:40 am

would you direct me to the mini?

Thanks, Cindee
"I advocate eating in the healthiest manner possible. Your body will naturally move to a healthier weight, at the speed it chooses, not some predetermined rate set by someone’s opinion." Dr. Joel Fuhrman, MD
Cindee

Postby hope101 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:46 am

Cindee, here are the articles. You can find a lot yourself by going to drmcdougall.com and using the search function. I searched under "newletter Mary's mini" and these were the top two resources:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/june/marys.htm

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/july/marys2.htm
hope101

Starting the Mini

Postby jmgoforth » Sat May 05, 2007 2:12 pm

I was on the Mini for two weeks and lost. Went off and gained a couple of pounds and decided today "enough is a enough." So I'm starting in the morning.
Chaplain Mike
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Alright

Postby golduchi » Sat May 05, 2007 11:40 pm

I know how it sis, I too have been on and then off. My husband insisted in BBQ today, I tried to stick to the portabella mushrooms but the tri tip kept calling me. I did manage to get through it with only a couple bites. The hard part actually was the bread and olive oil dippers. Fortunately I have enough potatoes to get me back on track tomorrow. I'll join you CM and think of you in church in the morning.
Start each day anew, with no baggage from yesterday. Golduchi
golduchi

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program