Too much rice

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Too much rice

Postby Losing Linda » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:53 am

I figured that on the Mini one has to watch amount of rice one eats, and add lots of vegetables to eat for me to lose weight. One cup of brown rice makes three cups of cooked rice which is 688 calories so if I want to eat more than a cup cooked it adds up to easily. Really the key to losing weight is vegetables. Lots and lots of vegetables.
Losing Linda
Losing Linda

Postby KareninTN » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:42 am

"Really the key to losing weight is vegetables. Lots and lots of vegetables."

That's the way it looks from where I sit. If you don't have enough starch, you won't be satisfied, but it is so easy to overdo - especially for those of us in the postmenopausal/ lower metabolic rate crowd. :?

veggies rule!
karenturtle
KareninTN

Love those veggies!

Postby Malva » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:51 pm

80% of what I eat (by volume): veggies

I'll mix a little rice with my steamed, chopped veggies.
I have a cup of fruit in my bowl of oatmeal in the morning.
Periodically snack on popcorn.
But raw veggies are the bulk of what I eat.

I don't get hungry between meals and I don't feel deprived.

After years of playing with the McDougall diet, it wasn't until I became serious that I was able to stick with the program. It required that I break the addictions of fatty, sweet foods. Once that was accomplished, clean fresh food tasted fantastic! I don't eat bread anymore, and I don't miss it because there are so many other great foods to eat (and there's not enough room in my tummy for all those other things).
I do a more restricted Program to maintain my weight & health. I have been McDougalling for about 30 years, with a long transition, until I finally accepted this lifestyle, stayed on Program and reached my goal back in 2006.
Malva

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program