recovery

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

recovery

Postby KareninTN » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:11 am

I am finally back where my ticker is correct again. The take-away lesson is that it took 2 1/2 weeks of very strict McDing to undo the damage I created in one two-day weekend celebration. :eek: Was it worth it? I think not. :? Next time, karenturtle is going to make different choices about what qualifies as a "celebration."

karenturtle
McDougalling since summer, 2005. Maintaining my 100 pound weight loss since summer, 2007. My Star McDougaller stories: video written
KareninTN

Postby hope101 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:17 am

It is so easy to make excuses, isn't it? Good for you for getting back on track anyway. :D
hope101

Postby Carol » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:23 am

Your post reminds me of that saying "you didn't gain it overnight so why expect to loose it overnight?" which I always disagreed with.

But you did gain it overnight and it just proves that it takes longer to take it off than put it on. Hate that! It's like math for kids....harder to do subtraction than addition. HA!

Well, good for you for sticking with it. Your post is also encouraging me to keep any slips to a minimum, which is hard for any non-moderation type like me. (I miss my...uh...celebrations too) :(

Congrats. :nod:
Carol

Re: recovery

Postby Nettie » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:00 am

KareninTN wrote:I am finally back where my ticker is correct again. The take-away lesson is that it took 2 1/2 weeks of very strict McDing to undo the damage I created in one two-day weekend celebration. :eek: Was it worth it? I think not. :? Next time, karenturtle is going to make different choices about what qualifies as a "celebration."

karenturtle

Karen, I noticed your ticker: congratulations on losing almost 100 pounds!
I've absolutely NEVER found that going off the food plan was ever worth it. The small amount of pleasure couldn't offset the guilt and the hungover feeling that resulted from cheating. I find I'm just happiest overall just sticking to the food plan. Longterm satisfaction has proven to be the best reward of all. When I want to celebrate, I get a veggie bean burrito from Moe's Southwest Grill. :D
Nettie

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wD4xN8D/]
[/url]
Nettie

Re: recovery

Postby Clary » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:14 am

KareninTN wrote:I am finally back where my ticker is correct again. The take-away lesson is that it took 2 1/2 weeks of very strict McDing to undo the damage I created in one two-day weekend celebration. :eek: Was it worth it? I think not. :? Next time, karenturtle is going to make different choices about what qualifies as a "celebration."

karenturtle

Great post--and honest, which is motivating to me; and great recovery. Congratulations, Karen. :thumbsup:
Clary

Celebrations, Fats, Leaving the Path

Postby rchess » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:27 am

Hi Karen,

Thanks for this post. I've recently been eating foods with oil and my weight loss has stopped. I needed to read this and contemplate it to get back on track with NO!!!-fat. Thanks for the informatioin and support.

Best Regards,
Robert

Best wishes in your
Meditation, Nutrition, and Exercise practice.
May all Beings be free of suffering.
rchess

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program