One year anniversary

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

One year anniversary

Postby Malva » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:30 pm

It's been almost one year since I got to McDougall weight on the Maxiumum Weight Loss Plan. And I've not gained a single pound back.
I've not waivered from MWL for the past year, as I find it is the easiest plan to stick with when not deviating to foods that have addictive qualities.
It was never my intention to lose another 10 lbs, but the extra exercise eats up a good many of the calories that I consume.
I eat whole foods, no loose oils or fats, no beans and no bread.
Mainly vegetables, grains and fruit.
I will use a product called VEGA during my long (over 15 miles) training sessions. It's a meal replacement drink that I mix with water and fruit in a blender.
The reason I use the liquid drink is because if I eat foods before or during a race or training I tend to lose bowel control. :( Often refered to as runner's diahrea. (sp?) [blech!]
The liquid meal keeps my muscles fed, no hunger, no exhaustion, and no bowel problems.
VEGA is composed of: hemp and yellow peas, essential fatty acids, chlorella, gelatinized vegan maca, berry complex, vitamins and minerals, dairy-free probiotics and digestive enzymes. Not a MWL program food for those wanting to lose weight. This is a good option for me as I do not want to lose more weight.
[this was not meant to be an ad, nor an endorsement]
I do a more restricted Program to maintain my weight & health. I have been McDougalling for about 30 years, with a long transition, until I finally accepted this lifestyle, stayed on Program and reached my goal back in 2006.
Malva

Congrats

Postby figpiglet » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:51 pm

Wow! You sound like you enjoy what you eat and feel good. I am curious about the no bean thing. What benefit do you see from that? If you want to share about that, that is. Thanks, Jen
figpiglet

Postby Malva » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:40 pm

I have rosacea, which causes my face to flush and become inflamed.

I've tried Burgess' suggestions of eliminating acid-forming foods, and I found that when I eliminated beans I had the most beneficial results.

I still eat a small amount of grains. If I eat too much rice or seedy fruits I'll flare-up terribly.

So the lack of beans in my diet is more of a personal health issue.
I do a more restricted Program to maintain my weight & health. I have been McDougalling for about 30 years, with a long transition, until I finally accepted this lifestyle, stayed on Program and reached my goal back in 2006.
Malva

Re: One year anniversary

Postby Clary » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:00 pm

Malva wrote:It's been almost one year since I got to McDougall weight on the Maxiumum Weight Loss Plan. And I've not gained a single pound back.
I've not waivered from MWL for the past year,....]

How GOOD it must feel to write that! --and KNOW that. Wonderful! Congratulations!
Clary

Postby Autumn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:47 pm

Congratulations :D

I started Burgess anti-itis diet a few days ago. My arthritis and rosacea are horrid and Im hoping it works. Its nice to see another that had success with his regmien.

Is Vega gluten free?
Autumn

reply to question above

Postby Malva » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:30 am

Is Vega gluten free?

Yes.
Malva

Postby Autumn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:30 pm

Thanks It would be nice to have on vacation with me as a quick meal.
Autumn

To Autumn

Postby Malva » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Remember VEGA is NOT Maximum Weight Loss Program legal food.
It is high in fat, but it sure cuts the appetite quick.
Only consume this product if you are not trying to lose weight.
Malva

Postby Autumn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:14 pm

Thanks I missed that about the oils :o I cant digest oils at all as I would get diarrhea for sure.
Autumn

Email to Malva

Postby plafa » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:50 am

Malva,

I sent you an email but don't know if you received it.
I had a question about your daily eating habits.

Congratulations on your one year anniversary of success!

Pam :)
plafa

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program