Seitan & Tofu

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Seitan & Tofu

Postby Planetlady » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:46 am

Thanks to everyone who was nice enough to share their knowledge with me, about these items being interchangeable in a recipe. I will try to make some seitan from one of the recipes that was shared.

You guys are great. I just may get my chicken fix in a much healthier way! You all have made my day! :P
God always has a Plan B, Praise the Lord
Planetlady

Best non-chicken cutlets

Postby VeggieSue » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:50 am

I suppose I should let you know about the absolute best non-chicken cutlet out there. There's a DVD and web site out there called Everyday Dish, made by 3 vegan chefs, Bryanna Clark Grogan, Julie Hasson, and Dreena Burton. This web site has some of the segments from the disk plus others that aren't:

http://www.everydaydish.tv/cookingshow_video.html

Unfortunately, this site does *not* include the best recipe on the DVD, Bryanna's chicken cutlets. You can see what they look like on Bryanna's web site, but to see exactly how to make them you need the video:

http://www.bryannaclarkgrogan.com/page/page/4015916.htm

Man, o man, are these delicious! I've eaten these plain, just popped on a roll with sandwich fixings, but when I serve them to the family I do my breading thing and my picky eater son doesn't even know it's not real chicken, and that kid was addicted to Weaver frozen patties.

Just be sure to follow Bryanna's directions for the soup and use salt-free vegetarian chicken broth powder, otherwise all you'll taste is salt. I ruined my first batch using a veggie bouillion powder that had salt and yuck!
VeggieSue

Postby Peacefulhome » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:49 pm

Thank you for the sites, VeggieSue. I've got a "wish list" going.

Jan
Peacefulhome

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program