I feel like such a loser - well, gainer actually....

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I feel like such a loser - well, gainer actually....

Postby stormie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:08 pm

In August I dropped 9lbs following MWl, but now I'm up 4lbs. :eek:

I haven't been following the McD way of eating AT ALL. I am so frustrated with myself because I know what to do, and I know how to do, but I just don't do it! Aargh! :mad:

So what did I do? Being all depressed about my weight I saw a commerical for NutriSystem and thought "hey this will be my kick in the pants! I'll start on this so that I don't have to prepare any foods, and when I lose 10lbs I'll go back on McD". Right. Big mistake. I ordered the vegetarian plan but the food isn't very good and it gives me really bad gas :oops: (I know - too much information - but it's true!). So now I have a cupboard full of diet food, and am down a couple hundred bucks - what a waste. I am so FRUSTRATED!!!

Thanks for listening - I really had to vent. You all are such a good support group so I know I can come here and flame a little!
stormie

Postby Doris » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Stormie,

I'm happy that you are back! Don't beat yourself up, a lot of us have done similar things. I think I tried every weight loss program before I came to terms with Dr. McDougall's program. You can't do anything about the past, so just look forward, and be happy that you know about the McDougall plan. I wish you the best! Keep posting, it really helps!

Doris :)
Doris

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:47 am

Oh how desperate us humans get sometimes. Stormie you aren't the only one who's looked for the gold ring the easy way. Why not ebay the food and try and get some of the money back, then buy the new McDougall DVD to get motivated. :-)
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

How did Stormie do over Thanksgiving?

Postby Janet in Dallas » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:20 am

My 'kick in the butt' to fight Thanksgiving was working out @ my gym. I went @ 2:00 in the afternoon to walk on the treadmill....gads, there were only 10 people in the whole place, but I left there feeling very self-righteous & I was pretty good all day. :p
Janet in Dallas

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program