Launching

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Launching

Postby Goosetracks » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:50 pm

Okay, it's back to the basics.

My nickname is Goose, so goosetracks is what I'm going to be making. My legal name is Arline (pronounced Are-lean, doncha love it!?)

I've know (head knowledge is a good thing) about McDougall and other similar lifestyle for most of my adult life. Believe all of it with all my soul. HOWEVER, I have a thing with food similar to an alcoholic's thing about booze. So, with the help of a 12-step program... I'm launching into this lifestyle again.

Again. Yes. I've done it happily and successfully before. LOVE how I feel when I eat this way. But alas...if I eat the foods that trigger me, I'm into the slop pail again and away we go.

Example... after eating this way and losing 70 lbs., I started into the gunk again. ZOOOmmmm! Down the tubes and UP goes the scale. My brain checks out and I'm in deep doo-doo. I've gained 50 lbs in 5 months. AURGHHHH!!!!

I KNOW the only sane way is this way, so... ONWARD!!!

Yesterday morning, in a deep depressed fog, I reached for my MWL book and started in. The fog is deep enough that I can't read with clarity, but I went to the 21 day suggested menus and have now cooked/made 3 of the recipes. At the rate I'm eating it up (making the full recipe and chowing my way thru it all) It'll take me a few months to do all the recipes in the 21 day plan. LOL! I'm still eating my way thru day ONE! <GRIN>

So, I'm here. I'll be here. And this will/does work so...

I'm launched... ONWARD AGAIN!!!!

Arline in Walla Walla, WA
Goosetracks

Postby Doris » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Goosetracks,

I'm happy you are here! And I can relate to what you say. Hope you have a great McDougall Journey.

:)
Doris

Postby serenity » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:30 pm

Oh, hey. I remember you. Welcome back!!!
serenity

Postby Goosetracks » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:39 am

WAHOOOO!!!!! It's been 12 days since I came back and got back on this program. I decided, right off, to do the Mary's Mini cuz it's SO easy. And...I've left 10 lbs behind!

HAPPYHAPPY!!! It always works, it always does and this Mary's Mini thing is great! I CAN live like this!

Here's to potatoes! LOL!

Onward!
Arline
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcOMtZY/]
Goosetracks

Postby mollyfisher » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 am

Yay, Arline!
mollyfisher

Postby Doris » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:43 am

Goosetracks, Way to Go!! :)
Doris

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:13 pm