Beginner

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Beginner

Postby Chris64 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:03 pm

Hello, My name is Christine and I need to lose weight and feel better. In the past 6 months I have lost 30lbs. using weight watcher points system. I am tired of points tracking. I have no problem eating no meat. The dairy is a little difficult, but doable. I have a troubled spine and left knee and live in a bit of pain. I had my spine fused in the 80's but having children cracked the fusion. I have another 50 lbs to go and I hope this lifestyle will help me lose and maintain. I can't afford any more health issues. It looks like this forum is very supportive and I hope I can contribute too. :-)
Chris64

Postby Doris » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:16 pm

Hi Christine,

I wish you the best on your McDougall journey. This is a most supportive board so if you have questions there is always someone who will answer. By the way, posting really helps you to stay on the McDougall plan.

:)
Doris

Re: Beginner

Postby Nettie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:46 am

Chris64 wrote:Hello, My name is Christine and I need to lose weight and feel better. In the past 6 months I have lost 30lbs. using weight watcher points system. I am tired of points tracking. I have no problem eating no meat. The dairy is a little difficult, but doable. .. I have another 50 lbs to go and I hope this lifestyle will help me lose and maintain. I can't afford any more health issues. It looks like this forum is very supportive and I hope I can contribute too. :-)

Welcome, Christine! You're in the right place. If you stick with Dr. McDougall's MWL plan, you will lose the weight. Giving up dairy is extremely important, and even more so if you have spine issues, because dairy causes degenerative bone diseases. And the low-fat aspect of the diet opens up your arteries, including the ones feeding the spinal column, and prevents cracked and weakened vertebrae.

Keep us posted on your progress. I'll be willing to bet you'll lose weight faster with McDougall and won't have to be hungry as you do with the portion control aspect of Weight Watchers. :lol:

Nettie
Nettie

Postby southerngirlgoingvegan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:34 pm

Go Christine!

I started only last Saturday on the MWL plan and I have lost 6 pounds this week! I have found it difficult at times but, rather than eat fat or meat, I found that if I would lie down and rest or do something else nice for myself. I have historically lost 80 pounds, gained back twenty, and now have set my sites on a 37 pound weight loss which should put me at a really healthy weight.

Thanks for posting~
Blessings!

southerngirlgoingvegan

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program