Question About Wheat on the MWL plan

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Question About Wheat on the MWL plan

Postby halloween13 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:18 pm

I thought in the book it says no wheat but many of the products on the lowfat foods list contain wheat? What are the rules around wheat?

Thanks!
Leslie
halloween13

Postby Doris » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi,

The MWL program omits processed foods like bread, pasta, etc. However, grains are allowed like wheat berries, I think bulgar wheat, rice, etc.

On the regular McDougall program processed wheat products are allowed like ww flour, ww bread, pasta, etc.

Hope this helps.

:)
Doris

Postby halloween13 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:45 pm

This does help! Thanks! :)
halloween13

Postby janetc » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:49 pm

Doris wrote:Hi,

The MWL program omits processed foods like bread, pasta, etc. However, grains are allowed like wheat berries, I think bulgar wheat, rice, etc.

On the regular McDougall program processed wheat products are allowed like ww flour, ww bread, pasta, etc.

Hope this helps.

:)

Is the regular McDougall program the 12-day program? I have the MWL book, and a friend on another forum suggested that I start on the 12-day program. Do you think this would be better?
janetc

Postby Doris » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:27 pm

Janetc,

The regular McDougall Program is the same as the 12 day program. I find it easier to be on the regular program then the MWL plan. Eating out, eating at friends homes, and eating with non McDougalling family is a lot easier. I have been able to lose weight and to get off of diabetes medicines using the regular plan.

Doris :)
Doris

Postby janetc » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Doris wrote:Janetc,

The regular McDougall Program is the same as the 12 day program. I find it easier to be on the regular program then the MWL plan. Eating out, eating at friends homes, and eating with non McDougalling family is a lot easier. I have been able to lose weight and to get off of diabetes medicines using the regular plan.

Doris :)

Thank you! That is very encouraging. I'll get this book as well, then.
janetc

Postby BatGrrl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:51 am

It really does depend on your goals and your own eating habits. I find that I don't lose weight very quickly on the regular McD program and that I need MWL to make progress. I attribute this to my love of bread! 8) I don't do anything in moderation and if I allow myself a little bread, I tend to eat too much bread and don't lose weight. It's the one thing I miss the most on MWL, but I'm sticking with it.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." --Dr. Seuss

BatGrrl

Postby halloween13 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:22 pm

BatGrrl wrote:It really does depend on your goals and your own eating habits. I find that I don't lose weight very quickly on the regular McD program and that I need MWL to make progress. I attribute this to my love of bread! 8) I don't do anything in moderation and if I allow myself a little bread, I tend to eat too much bread and don't lose weight. It's the one thing I miss the most on MWL, but I'm sticking with it.

I am finding the same thing. I just can't have wheat in any form or I come to a complete stop. The rice and quinoa pastas seem to be fine. I have been using moderation but it doesn't seem to matter.
halloween13

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program