The Behavioral Path to MWL Success - March 2022 Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Summary for March 25 Reports

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:30 pm

Please note - I replied to reporting participants in the two posts linked below.

Mark's Replies for March 25 - Part 1
Mark's Replies for March 25 - Part 2

Give yourself a big hug, pat on the back, or round of applause! We have brought our fourth March check-in to a close. Since our initial April reporting and self-assessment will be on April 1st, I'll be posting a new group thread on Monday, so we can get a head start on the new month.

As we move into that new month, let me pose a general question to all of you:

What sorts of resources would you like to see brought into focus and shared in April? Favorite recipes? Strategies for food prep? Favorite tools? Further exploration of the fundamentals? More discussion of the social and emotional dynamics that impact our efforts? Taking a look at inspiring success stories and best practices?

I ask with both the intention to serve the needs that feel most immediate and present for you, but also, I hope, to encourage all of you to consider putting yourselves out there and continuing to be a resource and build mutually supportive relationships with one another. It's been great to see the warm, considerate interactions within the group, and each of you has wisdom to share in aid of the struggles and challenges of your comrades.

Let's make April AMAZING!

Best to all. Take care & be well. :)
Mark Cooper

Re: The Behavioral Path to MWL Success - March 2022 Group

Postby George Ohwell » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:49 pm

George Ohwell - One lapse on a single day, in an otherwise successful week, means you were diligent enough not to allow that "slip" to become the first in a series. :thumbsup: What would you say precipitated the choice to have the dates and nuts? Was something different about that day or time? Situational changes or a shift in routine or environment? I have to imagine the road trip was a factor, no?

Mark, you ask such great questions. right to the point. Well, over the last two months I had an occasional walnut or Brazil nut, never more than one each in a day and often none. and I was eating 3 fruits on maybe half the days, 2 on the others. A few days ago after our discussion about doing MWL exactly, I decided no more nuts and only 2 fruits. I guess I decided to have a "last meal" of nuts and dates. I didn't eat a ton, but I ate a couple ounces each. It's that fear of deprivation that gets to us sometimes!

I'm back on track now. Thanks for your support and everyone else. I'll go read the other posts now. I learn a lot from all.

-George
George Ohwell

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program