Link to MWL Plan?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Link to MWL Plan?

Postby kimmir » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:03 am

:? I have seen links to Mary's Mini plan but none for the MWL plan. Can anyone help? Thank you
kimmir

Postby proverbs31woman » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:28 am

Hello Kimmir,

The information regarding the MWL is in the book The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss.

However, I found the information below from the following link: http://www.fatfree.com/diets/mcdougall.html

McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss

Foods you should eat
- All whole grains and whole-grain cereals, such as brown rice, corn, oatmeal, barley, millet, and wheat berries; many packaged grain cereals, puffed grains, and other healthful cereals.
- Squashes, such as acorn, butternut, buttercup, pumpkin, and zucchini.
Root vegetables, such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, and yams.
Legumes, such as peas, split peas, black-eyed peas, string beans, and such beans as chick-peas, lentils, and adzuki, navy, pinto, and black beans.
- Green and yellow vegetables, such as collard greens, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, cabbage, various types of lettuce, and watercress; celery, cauliflower, carrots, and asparagus, and tomato.
- Fruit, such as apples, bananas, berries, grapefruit, oranges, peaches, and pears. (Limited to two servings per day.)
- For most people, simple sugars, salt, and spices used sparingly at the table rather than in cooking.

Avoid the following:
- All red meat, including beef pork, and lamb. All are rich in fat, cholesterol, and other harmful constituents.
- All poultry and fish. Poultry has about the same amount of cholesterol as red meat, while fish varies, depending on the type. Some fish are higher in cholesterol than red meat, others lower.
- All dairy products, including milk, yogurt, and cheese. All are loaded with fat and cholesterol. Low-fat dairy products are not recommended because of potential health hazards, including allergies, childhood diabetes, arthritis, and lactose intolerance.
- All oil, including olive, safflower, peanut, and corn oil. Oil is simply a liquid form of fat.
- All eggs. Eggs are abundant in fat and cholesterol.
- Nuts, seeds, avocados, olives, and soybean products (including tofu, soy cheese, and soy milk). Soybean products are high in fat, unless they have been specially processed (low-fat varieties are also not recommended).
- All dried fruit and fruit juices
- All flour products, such as breads, bagels, and pretzels. The less a food is processed the better it is for weight loss. Flour products are composed of fragments of grain, or relatively small particles, which increase absorption and slow weight loss.
proverbs31woman

Postby kimmir » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:55 am

Hasanismom Thank you so very much I have been searching on slow dial up for a couple days I appreiate all your help!

IF I may I have one other question. I found some self rising corn meal that I added some apple sause and water and a small amount of silk to I was so proud it came out a little drier than normal corn bread. I know this is processed but would I be able to have this maybe 2 peices a day on the weekend for a treat?? Or is it something I should avoid until I get to a weight I want to mantain?

Thanks again!
kimmir

Postby kimmir » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:59 am

Okay Reading that link I see that soy and breads are out until after the 12 days at least. So I will save my recipe for corn bread for later!!
kimmir

Postby proverbs31woman » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:37 pm

Good idea, Kimmir. You'll probably still lose weight if you eat that, but it may be at a slower pace. Please keep me updated on your progress with the MWL.
proverbs31woman

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program