I'm giving up!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I'm giving up!

Postby Dale Jackson » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:37 pm

I have tried to do MWL and just can't seem to stay compliant at all. So I am giving up. I am sorry that I've not been a good example. I congratulate those of you who have been successful and wish those of you who are still trying my best wishes. I am NOT abandoning the McDougall program however. I love it. I will continue to do the regular program (the one where I can eat bread and more fruit and tofu). Hopefully I can still lose some weight albeit at a much slower pace. Good luck to all of you on MWL!! :)
Dale Jackson

Postby Letha » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:46 pm

I think that’s a fine idea. The McDougall plan is very healthy and people have lost a lot of weight on that plan. In addition to bread, you can also have tortillas and pancakes. Yum. Have a good evening.
Letha
Letha

Postby Dale Jackson » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:54 pm

Thanks Letha. I think I missed the tortillas more than the bread.

The most important thing is to be healthy and I think we can accomplish that on either plan.

Congratulations on your weight loss and keep up the good work! :)
Dale Jackson

Postby MadcityVegan » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:28 pm

I am on your boat Dale and to ease your fears on MWL I would lose 2.5lbs a week now I loose 1.2lbs a week. Its a much more carefree exisitence. I think you are making a wise choice. Plus you can have MWL meal in there once in a while to speed things up a bit.
Good Luck
MadcityVegan

Postby Love the Lorax » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:49 am

Yep, I understand. I try, but it doesn't take long before I eat pasta or end up eating a Subway Veggie Delite. I have decided to not kick myself about it. I try to have meals that are MLW friendly, and there are some that are just McDougalling and I'm still losing weight without losing my mind. I figure that I'm still eating so much better that it all works out.

MadcityVegan wrote:I am on your boat Dale and to ease your fears on MWL I would lose 2.5lbs a week now I loose 1.2lbs a week. Its a much more carefree exisitence. I think you are making a wise choice. Plus you can have MWL meal in there once in a while to speed things up a bit.
Good Luck
Love the Lorax

Postby kobfa2 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:26 am

I think that is a great plan, Dale. So much better than giving up and reverting to SAD--especially with the holidays coming up!
kobfa2

Postby LauraA » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:54 am

Dale, it is great to figure out what works best for you. I just can't stay in control with bread or flour in my life! Anyway, can we still be twins, and will you still keep posting on our MWL challenge? I would say that we are just a group trying to keep each other on track and give each other support. Take care, LauraA
LauraA

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:17 pm

I am so glad. Sorry, I know many folks here love MWL and mary Mini, but to me, they are just diets. Right now, at your stage, you need to find something you can live with 24/7 with just a variation on special occasions.

It does slow the rate of loss. I could have had my goal weight in 9 months to a year since I had 80 total to lose. But I didn't. What I did do is keep going day after day, for the past three years. I make small goals and strive for them. It's nice, and now I can say it is a way of life. I have had many birthdays, many holidays, many vacations in these three years. I have went up and I have went down, but the down in weight won.

So take it one day at time, one step at a time.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program