Still going strong (plant that is) !!!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Still going strong (plant that is) !!!

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:47 pm

Ilove dogs46 wrote:Sometimes I think I am the only one who has strayed. I have not given up all the healthy foods, just have let some high fat items and sugar into my life. Comfort food. I am discouraged because of the weight gain, but am hopeful that i can find more comfort in the healthier options. Too much isolation and boredom. lack of motivation. Thanks again. Now that I can post again I hope to gain the inspiration that I lost while I was without being able to see my on line friends. Hope you are doing well. Rebia

Hi Rebia!!! :D :) :-D

I Love Dogs too!!! :-D

Love your thread here... can so relate to how simple that you were eating ... :D

I bet that you can find more comfort in healthier options. I totally understand what you are saying about "too much isolation and boredom"... I gained 23 pandemic pounds (and I had a few other ones to lose as well)... Have lost them now. It took some time... (but I didn't gain them in a day either... :lol: )

You can check out https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... h-teselle/ --- Elizabeth gained some COVID lbs. too and she kicked them to the curb... See addendum to her Star McD story - pretty inspriring.

Anyway, wishing you the best!!! You can do this. Are you in Saskatchewan??? I am in US - around Chicago, IL (so know the cold but not the cold that you may...)...

Cheers,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby Ilove dogs46 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:44 am

Hi Stephanie, So nice to hear from you. Sorry for not answering sooner. I for get to check. Was unable to access the web sight for so long. Yes, I am in Saskatchewan. I was born 60 miles south of Chicago. In Watseka. I have been here 40 years now. Don't mind the cold anymore. I am doing better now. Summer helped my mood. keep up the good work. I'm working on my motivation. If I could just get motified. ha ha. My new puppy has got me moving a lot more. Chat soon, Rebia
Ilove dogs46

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:12 pm

Hey Rebia!! :)

I Google'd Watseka... Closest I was ever by there I guess was Champaign / Urbana... :) Saskatchewan looks awesome (though chilly)...

Summers help my mood too!!! 100%...

Anyway, wanted to say "hi" and hope that you are doing awesome!!! New puppy sounds fantastic!!!

Best,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories