Florin(Romania) Liver Steatosis, Diabetes, Obesity all GONE

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Florin(Romania) Liver Steatosis, Diabetes, Obesity all GONE

Postby Autumn » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:35 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your story, It is very inspiring. Good for you for standing up to your doctor!
Autumn

Postby kirstykay » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:45 pm

I just read your story for the first time. Thank you for updating it so that I could read it! It is an amazing testimony to the power of this plan. I, too, am combating diabetes with this diet, and your story gives me the strength to keep going. I have only been doing this 100% for a little more than 6 weeks. I can't wait to see my results after 15 months! Thanks again for sharing, and best wishes to you and your family!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Wendy Jane » Mon May 24, 2010 2:14 pm

I JUST STUMBLED onto this story today. What a fabulous testimony!! And walking up 10 flights of stairs? Wow, what a way to keep in shape in addition to eating well. Great story.
Wendy Jane

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:32 pm

I am amazed and happy for you to be able to read all those books, etc and do it! It does work and please keep posting on your progress. I hand it to you for all the work you have done! Really inspiring! Thanks for posting! :D
ncyg46

Postby Spikeyhedgehog » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:32 am

Thank you for posting your story and your updates. I "whine" about how hard it is to stay true to the plan with a husband that WON'T eat this way...You have inspired me! I can do this and I will...thank you and look forward to more updates.
Teresa in Sacramento
Spikeyhedgehog

Re: Florin(Romania) Liver Steatosis, Diabetes, Obesity all G

Postby Garden » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 am

Thanks so much for posting this and the update. I remember reading it awhile back, but when I re-read it "Liver Steatosis" really caught my attention.

My mother passed away of Cirrhosis and was a non-drinker her whole life. Even though she was a farm woman and ate lots of fresh vegetables and fruits etc...and made her foods fresh, she did eat a lot of meat, and sugar etc...because of her cultural upbringing and the times she lived in- I have been trying forever to understand how she got cirrhosis, but "fatty liver" explains so much. She did have a lot of problems with eating anything very oily or fatty. Her doctor told her years ago she had a "rumbly" gallbladder, but didn't feel it was necessary to remove it.
As I understand from reading a bit, NASH is the cause of 40% of cases of Cirrhosis.
I am inspired to continue eating this way.

My best to your family and once again thank you!
Garden
Garden

Postby ncyg46 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:40 am

what does NASH refer to? :-D
ncyg46

Postby Garden » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:36 pm

NASH as I understand it is Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis

Here is a link that defines it.

http://www.digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/nash/
Garden

Postby Love the Lorax » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi Spikeyhedgehog - I'm right there with you as far as a hubby who will NOT NOT NOT eat this way. No how, no way. It is harder in my opinion, especially if we are the family cook, but in the end.... well, my BP says I have to do it, as well as a few other issues. We can do it!!

Spikeyhedgehog wrote:Thank you for posting your story and your updates. I "whine" about how hard it is to stay true to the plan with a husband that WON'T eat this way...You have inspired me! I can do this and I will...thank you and look forward to more updates.
Love the Lorax

Postby StarchBeet » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Love the Lorax and Spikeyhedgehog-I really feel for you. I allowed the habits of my husband and his family to become more important than what I knew was a health producing lifestyle with the McDougall Plan and starchitarian eating. Its been years of bad eating and health problems that have brought me back to no oil and vegan lifestyle. I've lost half the weight from eating SAD for the past 10 years and I'm having a bit of a dull drum right now ( ate some food that was bad last week and really lived to regret it)

How are you managing? Do you find the time to plan and keep yourself focused on eating well?
StarchBeet

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 am

It is hard, very hard. I had a very serious boyfriend that was always bucking me on my cooking mcdougall way. We would compromise often, Friday Pizza, and Saturday McDougall legal meal . I compromised myself up 60 lbs and got my cholesterol to 245 as a vegetarian. I broke up with him, and when I saw that cholesterol reading and my bp reading (190/110) I about died. I got back to it. Needless to say the boyfriend didn't and kept his ways. He died a couple years after we broke up. yes, a massive heartattack.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby blondie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 pm

My husband doesn't eat this way. When I decided to do this, I had read him excerpts from the China Study and he was in the room when I watched Dr. M's Starch Solution video, so he understands the science behind it, but doesn't want to give up all that "good" food. I told him I would no longer cook that junk for him, and he now cooks his own food. When he doesn't feel like cooking for himself, then there's plenty of healthy food for him to eat. (2 nights in a row he has eaten "my" food -- last night fresh green beans cooked with new red potatoes, and the night before red beans and rice.)

At 300 lbs. with a cholesterol of 224, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure, it's a matter of life or death for me, and won't let him or anyone else discourage me.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby Nettie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:27 pm

blondie wrote:At 300 lbs. with a cholesterol of 224, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure, it's a matter of life or death for me, and won't let him or anyone else discourage me.

You go, girl! :thumbsup: You've got the mindset for victory!

Nettie
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been.

Star_McDougaller

Nettie

Postby ETeSelle » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:34 pm

YES! Good for you, blondie! I have to say that I never understand women who are McDougalling and then ALSO cooking SAD food for family members. Are their arms broken??? I think not! If they insist on eating crap, let them cook it--GOOD FOR YOU for standing up for yourself!

And I'll bet he gets tired of cooking and eats more and more of your food over time. ;) Be sure to report back, LOL.
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:45 am

Blondie - you are doing good. Remember nobody is going to watch out for our health like we do. I agree that he probably will soon get tired of cooking and eat more and more of yours.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories