60 Days Vegan

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby liam13 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Well, I'm a "current" heart patient. I have a leaky valve which is a bit different than clogged tubing. The thing with me is that my Left Ventricule is enlarged, but still fuctioning at near 100% (no CHF yet). I try to stay on track with this diet, without mediocre success. I know my quality of life would go through the roof if I applied myself. Current weight is 250, at 6'4". BMI puts me at obese. Just had my annual echocardiogram and it was the same as last year, so no surgery yet. Numbers are generally pretty good, but the weight has to stress the ole LV more. Hope to show positive results from this lifestyle, determined to give up. Liam :thumbsup:
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/][img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-man2/lb/245/185/250/.png[/img][/url]
liam13

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:39 pm

talkingmountain wrote:
ncyg46 wrote:just curious...is a bypass for heart and a bypass for legs plus an aneurism mean heart disease? It's been 15 years now and i have no symptoms....never had a heart attack, just blockages......

Sounds like systemic vascular disease (cardiovascular + peripheral vascular). Dr. Esselstyn has shown reversal of this with those who adhere to his diet (basically the same as McDougall, as you probably know).

My understanding of aneurisms from two friends who had them in the brain is that they can be (or who knows, maybe always are?) related to genetic weakness in the vascular wall from genetic disposition or physical trauma, as opposed to blockages which are usually related to cholesterol deposition/inflammation.

i had 4 uncles die from aneurisms that popped...I have more gortex in my body that a bathing suit. I asked the vascular surgeon how long that lasts. He told me when they dig you up you will have bones and gortex. :eek: I guess that is encouraging but I really have changed over the years with a few cheats....my dopplers and heart scans have been fine so I guess I am still around. I never had the heart attack, just blockages so maybe it is reversing! :D
ncyg46

Postby LJ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:39 pm

Jack...WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!! I get tears of joy when I read about someone correcting their health problems thru FOOD! It is so true, we are what we eat. I try to remember that when I feel weak or tempted. I always ask myself 'do I want my arterial walls made out of chicken wings and french fries, or whole grains and veggies'. Just something silly that runs thru my mind. Please come to this forum often and keep us updated. I wish you all the health in the world!

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Postby MasserLMC » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Jack: How wonderful to hear how great you're doing. Thanks for being an inspiration to all of us. Keep up the good work. :D
[/url]
lSmall Things With Great Love
MasserLMC

Postby Potatohead » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Thats great Jack...its amazing what a vegan diet can do for the body
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories