Huge results... just HUGE!!!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Huge results... just HUGE!!!

Postby debable » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:10 am

WONDERFUL! :D :D :D :D :D
Some people dream about success......Others wake up and work hard at
it.
debable

Postby merriweather » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Don't ya just want to scream on the roof somewhere. :mad: I mean I got worse and worse on the "official diabetic exchange" diet. You were told to eat --well, I mean it frankly sounds like a crazy diet to me.
SOOO glad someone in our lives pointed us in this direction.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby Greenleaf » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:57 am

I'm so very happy for your results, continued success.
Greenleaf
Greenleaf

Postby Pacificfords » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:53 am

merriweather wrote:Don't ya just want to scream on the roof somewhere. :mad: I mean I got worse and worse on the "official diabetic exchange" diet. You were told to eat --well, I mean it frankly sounds like a crazy diet to me.
SOOO glad someone in our lives pointed us in this direction.

That is exactly how I feel. :D

I went to the Kidney Foundation website one day because someone said I should. Now, I am not saying that they don't offer good information for someone that HAS to accept that fate in life. However, the minute I got on that site it felt wrong... like... if there wasn't a disease... all those foundation people would not be making any money. I kept seeing $$$ as I looked at the site and the information they gave only maintained the disease. Because, really... how great if they can just maintain it and not cure it... then both sides think they are in a win-win situation... people don't die and the companies make money. But so many people just live sick when they really don't have to. It is sad.
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
http://healthyandknowit2012.blogspot.com/
Pacificfords

Postby Anna Green » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi. Your news is wonderful. You are so right in your thinking. Don't let em get you girl.
Anna Green

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:10 am

this is AMAZING! how wonderful! and I agree with you about the medical folks who want to find a cure (NOT!) It's the same with cancer. The treatment is much more lucrative for them than either prevention or an actual cure, so they continue feeding (ha!) people with flat out lies, in order to keep them sick, longer. It's a shame...

now my BP is up... :roll: JK

Congratulations on your amazing turnaround! I'm psyched!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby seallen711 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Hello,
My name is Sara, I have been McDougalling on and off for four years, primarily for health and weight loss. I don't post often, but I like to read what others post. I am a RN on a cardiac floor. I have always told my fellow nurses, if there is one thing that I never want to have, it is kidney problems. Our renal patients are soooo SICK. And dialysis just wears them out, and is only temporary and then two days later their BUN and Creatinine are extremely high again. I have never seen a patient whose renal issues began resolving with diet, because no one McDougalls. Thank you so much-this is so encouraging.
I wanted to congratulate you on how awesome your results are. I hope that you continue the way you are going. That is so inspiring.
All the best,

Sara
seallen711

Postby Pacificfords » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:57 pm

seallen711 wrote:Hello,
My name is Sara, I have been McDougalling on and off for four years, primarily for health and weight loss. I don't post often, but I like to read what others post. I am a RN on a cardiac floor. I have always told my fellow nurses, if there is one thing that I never want to have, it is kidney problems. Our renal patients are soooo SICK. And dialysis just wears them out, and is only temporary and then two days later their BUN and Creatinine are extremely high again. I have never seen a patient whose renal issues began resolving with diet, because no one McDougalls. Thank you so much-this is so encouraging.
I wanted to congratulate you on how awesome your results are. I hope that you continue the way you are going. That is so inspiring.
All the best,

Sara

Wow... thank you so much for posting Sara. I was told by all my doctors that I would not get better. In fact, I recently leveled off for a month and that made them even more sure that my progress has ended, but I am definitely not giving up. I am also not surprised to hear that "no one McDougall's." I have found that to be true. My doctors have no insight on diet except to send me to the National Kidney Foundation and places like that for advice. In my experience, it does not seem to be a diet that would help kidney disease, as is apparent by the many thousands of people on dialysis. Your words inspired me to keep going. I know one thing for sure... I really hope that I never have to be on dialysis. :)
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby DangerousKiwi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Congrats!! I wish you continued success and improvement :-)
DangerousKiwi

Postby Starchyme » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:52 pm

That is wonderful news for you as well as testimony to changing our eating to change our lives.

If you don't mind I'd love to share this news with a friend who has renal disease. She was told by her doctor it will not ever be any better and it'll only get worse. Or some words to that effect. Of course she bought that information.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Pacificfords » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 pm

HealthE1 wrote:That is wonderful news for you as well as testimony to changing our eating to change our lives.

If you don't mind I'd love to share this news with a friend who has renal disease. She was told by her doctor it will not ever be any better and it'll only get worse. Or some words to that effect. Of course she bought that information.

My doctor has said the same. In fact, he has stopped treating me and will now only do an appointment every three months to monitor my "decline." I told him I would get better. He gave me a smug half smile and shook his head no. I am changing doctors. :nod: If your friend would like to talk to me... send me a message and I will give you my email. I think there is nothing more important than HOPE.
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby Starchyme » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Thank you so much Debi. It is very much appreciated. I'll tell her what you wrote and see what she says from there. Also I'll see if she'll go to Caring Bridge and read your story.

Meanwhile I wish you continued improvement. You are definitely on the right path.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby brannach » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Quote: he has stopped treating me and will now only do an appointment every three months to monitor my "decline." I told him I would get better. He gave me a smug half smile and shook his head no. I am changing doctors. :nod: I think there is nothing more important than HOPE.[/quote]
Well - I think you have proved that there is one thing more important than hope!! And that is listening to what your gut tells you and acting on that - it's taken us a long time to realise that Doctors are not gods and to question what they tell us when we feel uncomfortable about their advice. Thanks to Dr McDougall and like minded medico's more and more of us are questioning the advice we are getting that just sees us taking more and more medication. I recently stood up to an endocrinologist and said no to a medication that I think is far from proven. It turned out my thyroid wasn't working and with a small dose of replacement hormone I feel 3000% better - so much so that I am firmly back on the McDougall wagon and have my blood sugar under control.
I'm looking forward to hearing that your kidney disease continues to decline - but also if you need support at any stage. This website is fabulous and has given many of us hope and support. Good on you!!

Roseanne
Roseanne
I had a weight problem then I discovered it was a thinking problem. Now I know there's a good food solution.
Fave Quote - "Everyone and everything around you is your teacher." Ken Keyes
brannach

Postby pocketrocket » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:56 pm

:D Fabulous result...keep on going it will only get better!!!
pocketrocket

Postby Pacificfords » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:51 pm

I an not really sure if this is really a success or not. I don't know enough medically speaking to really judge it. Please be advised that I am going to share something a bit more personal. :nod:

I have been watching the toilet for weeks because when protein is spilling in the urine it causes bubbles. Well... I have lots of bubbles. I asked my doctor about it and all he said is that he could give me a pill to stop it. I didn't want another pill. He didn't explain it to me or tell me what to expect or anything. I am still a little unsure of what it really means. BUT... since I started eating gluten free... there has been a change. I am not sure if the two are connected, but I have watched these bubbles for weeks... honestly... and yesterday... NONE. I went the whole day bubble-free :D

But, they were back today... just a few this morning. But I went the whole day yesterday staring... wondering... hoping... not knowing what it really means. Is it because I have lowered my protein again and am watching every gram? Maybe... I suppose it is possible that I have to consume a certain amount of protein before it really spills out... who knows. I just can't help but see it as progress. :)
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories