It's my turn! (with photos)

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: It's my turn! (with photos)

Postby shell-belle » Tue May 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Congrats--you both look much better! Thanks for sharing!
shell-belle

Postby txveggie » Wed May 23, 2012 6:18 am

Wow, you two look really great!
txveggie

Postby LauraA » Wed May 23, 2012 8:04 am

Oh my goodness, you both look wonderful, and I bet your whole family does tot! I hope that you write up your story to become star McDougaller's. I don't think that only formerly obese people need to be the stars. They, of course, inspire me, but so do you and your family. Take cae, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby LauraA » Wed May 23, 2012 8:25 am

One more thought- I'm actually thankful to have had a weight problem, because otherwise I never would have started eating this way. Pretty much all friends my age (65) take Meds, can't sleep at night because of pain, and seem to have little energy. I still have some weight to lose, but I feel blessed with good health. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Evi » Thu May 31, 2012 2:27 pm

I like your photos !!
i hope i can join the same CLUB ;-) one day SOON !

Congratulations from my heart!
Evi

Postby gnadec » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:29 am

Those photos are wonderful, Nordgirl!! First thing I noticed, was you weren't smiling in the before photos... to me that says everything. I know the last pictures of me are probably 15 years old. :-(

Would you mind sharing what an average day of eating looks like for you?

Take care!
Gina
gnadec

Postby Potatohead » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:30 am

OMG..I just saw these...You both look Marvelous :nod: :D WTG... :D :nod:
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Earthangel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Wow - you 2 are such an inspiration! Beautiful pics!
Amanda Newcomer

Join us at "McDougall Friends" on Facebook!
Earthangel

Postby nordgirl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 am

Thanks for all the nice replies, I love reading them!

A typical day's food for me always starts out with Almond milk and chicory, I'm not usually into breakfast. If I do eat in the morning, it's something like a puffed corn thin with hummus, or a slice of tomato if I'm hummusless.

Lunch is usually leftovers, or else I bake a big potato in the microwave and top it with my amazing raw tomato salsa or if I'm feeling decedant I'll make a kind of faux sour cream using soy yogurt, green onions and tamari. I eat a big lunch because I don't believe in snacking and if I don't eat enough at lunch then I get tempted to grab nuts while I'm making dinner!

Dinner always involves some kind of starch like brown rice or quinoa, topped by a stew (examples: ratatouille, eggplant curry, sweet potato and chickpea stew) and I serve it with salad or else serve extra vegetables on the side. Sometimes I serve tofu or tempeh for dinner, which everyone loves, including me. I do use nuts a couple of times a week, usually in my salad dressings. I don't do desserts, except on special occasions, but I do hand out fruit to my kids after dinner (I'm not a fruit person and almost never eat any if you don't count tomatoes) and I make them goodies like granola bars and brownies which I never touch :) I also drink water with all my meals, and sip on it through out the day, and have a cup of herbal tea (usually green tea) in the afternoon.

In terms of a time frame, I think it took me about two months to lose the weight, cutting dairy out really helped, and of course getting rid of the olive oil I used to put in everything didn't hurt either. I weigh myself every morning and if I see the scale going up I make sure to have no tofu, nuts or pasta that day and the next morning it's fine. I also do it in reverse, I know what my perfect weight is and if it goes below the line then I make sure to eat some of the higher fat plant foods that day.

My idea of a treat is a nut burger or a cheeseless pizza, and I have to admit that I do like a glass of wine a few times a week. I'm moving back to Canada at the end of the month, and I don't want to fall into the fattening faux meat and cheese trap at the grocery store. They aren't available where I'm living now which is a good thing ;-)
My type 2 diabetic husband and I have lost a total of 65 pounds thanks to Dr. McDougall. I'm cooking for a household of 7 McDougallers, and enjoying good health and a renewed sense of well being.
- Lisa P.
nordgirl

Postby John McDougall » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:32 pm

You both are great testimonies to how good health radiates with attractiveness and youth.

Congratulations.

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Postby nordgirl » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:36 am

John McDougall wrote:You both are great testimonies to how good health radiates with attractiveness and youth.

Congratulations.

John McDougall, MD

Thank you Dr. McDougall, it's an honour to have my hero commenting on my post :) I feel my husband and I owe our good health and happiness to you.
My type 2 diabetic husband and I have lost a total of 65 pounds thanks to Dr. McDougall. I'm cooking for a household of 7 McDougallers, and enjoying good health and a renewed sense of well being.
- Lisa P.
nordgirl

Postby carrotlvr » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:36 pm

I'll make a kind of faux sour cream using soy yogurt, green onions and tamari.

I had some fingerling potatoes in the fridge so I add just a little of my home made Greek soy yogurt with a few drops of Braggs liquid aminos. It was really great! I'll be eating a lot more potatoes now. Thanks for the idea.

Kris
carrotlvr

Postby ch47gunnergirl1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Just saw your post, WOW you both look great! Your renewed health is sure to be a great example for your family to follow, you look half your age! Congrats! :D
ch47gunnergirl1

Postby Atheria » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:40 pm

I'm with everyone else here.....great job. You both look wonderful. And if you can McDougall in France (where low fat vegan isn't the norm), it can be done anywhere!

:-)
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories