1 Year – 151.4 Pounds Lost – Photos

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hi Letha

Postby f1jim » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:32 am

Congrats on your newest milestone. You continue to inspire us all. September is coming fast and I expect you will blow us away once again.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Congrats!

Postby Vegeloon » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Letha, I haven't been checking in regularly but I did today. Wow ! Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope you are still basking in the adoration of your MWL fans - count me in as one of them. Although I haven't been truly faithfully following the MWL program, your posts always make me really want to. I love your recipe blog and pictures and your uplifting support of all on this board. Thanks for everything!
Hugs, Debbie
What would Mc Dougall do?
Vegeloon

Postby fulenn » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:27 pm

Letha,

What an amazing year you have had! :D I can hardly wait to see what other great things you do as you complete this next year. Your photography is just fine and I am one of those people who enjoys looking at the pics of what you have created for dinner.

Keep it up!!

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby Terry in FL » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:47 am

Hi Letha, You look fantastic! I bet you feel even better!

Congratulations on your success. I love the recipes that you post on your web. You have touched many, many lives.

You are truly inspiring and amazing!
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff
Terry in FL

Postby Nettie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:15 am

LauraA wrote: I thought that you must be pretty tall. I'm 5'6" (actually closer to 5'51/2" tall. I think that my goal of 150 is probably a good bit too high, but I'll get there and see.

Laura, my goal (at 5'6") was 145-150, which is what I got down to with McDougall 10 years ago.

This time around: I weigh 128! :-D I'm doing it right this time.

Letha, I consider your goal weight to be about right for your height. With all the grit and determination you have, I predict you'll get there!

Nettie
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been.

Star_McDougaller

Nettie

Postby Chile » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Letha, you look marvelous. And I marvel at your dedication not to cheat one single time. You go, Girl!
Chile

Postby merriweather » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:58 pm

Wow, tomorrow is my one week marker. And even as a newbie , Letha, you have been such an inspiration! I love how you break the menu down to parts in your photos. Really makes it all look possible and inviting.
Thanks so much. And congratulations.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby BHealthy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:24 am

Congratulations, Letha! What a remarkable accomplishment. You've done so much for yourself and all of us here on the forum in this year of your healing journey. The transformation is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing the photos. You truly look like half of your old self and so much stronger and younger, too.

Love your rendition of the Winehouse song...yes, yes, yes.
Taking care of my health today,
Bea

Bea's Journal

7/7/09 429
8/7/09 398
9/7/09 380
10/7/09 367
11/7/09 352
BHealthy

Hi Letha!

Postby MTeehan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Would you mind telling me HOW you posted the GREAT pix? I'm trying and can't seem to do it!
Your biggest (not-so-big anymore!) fan,
Mike T
See how Dr. McDougall's Plan saved my life and gave me an optimistic outlook on my future here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4V2Zo3xEIw

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Qs2zt/]
MTeehan

Postby LunchBox » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Letha, congratulations! What an inspiration!

I live with two family members who each need to lose 100 pounds. You have shown the way.

I look forward to celebrating more milestones with you again soon!

Loved the pics! :D

LB
LunchBox

Postby Anna Green » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:36 am

Letha, You are beautiful and look similar to how I have pictured you in my mind's eye. I am happy for you and for all of us that you are living this new and healthy life.
Anna Green

Postby LJ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:51 pm

So I'm a little late in posting this but YOU GO GIRL!!!! I'm always in awe of you and I have to tell you, that when I feel tempted to cheat I always think of you. YOU KEEP ME IN LINE! You're like that little angel on my shoulder. You have no idea how many people you affect just by being a leader and a wonderful example. I'll be one of your biggest cheerleaders all the way to your goal weight and thereafter!!!!

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Great work, Letha

Postby SactoBob » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm

You have been an inspiration to so many, and you have to be one of the most supportive people on the Board. I'm sure that I am only one of many who enjoyed seeing were you were and where you are, and looking forward to where you are going. Thanks so much for being so instrumental in making this Board such a great place.
SactoBob

Postby grangran7 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:28 am

Letha, you rock! I can't put into words what your story meant to me. You are such an inspiration and have been so good with your encouragement to all of us on these forums! Thank you for sharing and feel free to post more pictures as you keep shrinking. You're beautiful!!!!

Shirley
grangran7

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:45 am

darn not sure how I missed this back in September, but glad you all brought it back up top.

Letha, one year down and the rest of your life to go. Congrats on losing a human. You know we are all behind you.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories