NancyG before and during...not there yet!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: NancyG before and during...not there yet!

Postby ncyg46 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:38 pm

thanks Vibrant....working on the smoking now. 3 total days so far, and I am a real crabby something or other! lol! Just have to stay away from social situations for awhile! :D
ncyg46

Postby f1jim » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Nancy
You haven't killed anyone yet, right?
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby ncyg46 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:43 pm

f1jim wrote:Nancy
You haven't killed anyone yet, right?
f1jim

nope..not yet! Just feeling a bit crazy....not smoking though....grrrrrrrrrr!

Ed's sister is coming here from Texas so this rv has gotten a good cleaning and it kept me busy. I guess that is good!
ncyg46

Postby Starchyme » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Nancy you've done a terrific turnabout. You must be proud. I've been there done that with the smoking (many years ago). Wasn't easy, but very rewarding. You are on your way to freedom! We're here to support you.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby ncyg46 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:11 pm

HealthE1 wrote:Nancy you've done a terrific turnabout. You must be proud. I've been there done that with the smoking (many years ago). Wasn't easy, but very rewarding. You are on your way to freedom! We're here to support you.

Thanks HealthE1! I posted a photo in my journal of my disgusting habit and it's also the first set in Flickr (in my sig). Looking at that photo reminds me why I can't smoke!

Now we won't mention food for this past week :eek: Nothing that bad, made two different soups but have been grazing on some chips, trail mix, anything to keep my mouth busy! Got one more dish to make for the Thanksgiving potluck and then I can relax! :D
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Vibrant wrote:It seems that you can achieve anything you want to Nancy. It can be done... My 31 year old daughter hasn't smoked for about ten months now inspite of pressure from her friends.

social situations are the worst for me. I just have to stay strong!
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:43 am

Enjoying! by ncyg46, on Flickr

this was taken this year at Pita Jungle. What is in front of me is a hummus pizza! Actually I just wanted to update the post to say that I am down to 118 according to my Wii Fit and the scale from when I posted before. I stayed ay 130 for the longest time and since getting Jeff's Fast Food DVD, it has dropped! Wont know my numbers till November. I told my Dr that I usually come in for tests every year in October but this year it will be November since that is when my Medicare starts!!!! :D

Oh and we are going to Forks Over Knives tomorrow!!! So looking forward to seeing that! :-D
ncyg46

Postby f1jim » Thu May 12, 2011 1:13 pm

You look great Nancy!!!
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby ncyg46 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:14 pm

thanks Jim....

I think I look older with the extra weight loss ..a bit crepey....but I can't wear my levi's anymore. They are 4" too big in the waist and I have to wear a belt with them now. Someone here handed me a pair of Calvin Klein size 8's and those are still too big for me but okay to wear till I can get the other ones altered! I would do it but such a pain with the studs on the pockets and removing the hems and beltloops. I guess I can do it but wore myself out the other day making a sunscreen patio shade with grommets for someone here at the park. My darn machine weighs 35 lbs but still sews like a baby and I bought it used in 1976 or so..... :D
ncyg46

Postby ETeSelle » Thu May 12, 2011 2:30 pm

You don't look older to ME! You look great. Use a good moisturizer and the skin may tighten up a bit. :)

CONGRATS!!!! You really look A-MA-ZING!! :mrgreen:
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby ETeSelle » Thu May 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: Jeans--go to GOODWILL!! You can get brand name jeans for $7-9. Best way to reward yourself w/out breaking the bank!
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby ncyg46 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:41 pm

you are right! I shop there all the time but hate using the fitting room! I have to try the mens instead of the womens cause they are cut straighter and my waist and hips are not that different! I can probably get into a 29/30 now but will have to try some on. Not in a rush right now we are going into hot temps! I can still wear the other ones with a belt but they have a tendency to fall down! Could be embarrassing! :D :D :D
ncyg46

Postby kkrichar » Thu May 12, 2011 3:37 pm

I think you look really young in that picture! Your face is as smooth as a baby's bottom!!!! You look amazing. Congratulations. That hummus pizza looks delish! Thanks for the update.

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby nicoles » Thu May 12, 2011 3:42 pm

I think you look great! Congratulations on doing so wonderfully :) :)

Best of Luck quitting smoking - I managed to quit more than 10 years ago and although it was VERY HARD at first, it sure does get easier.

But I was a cruel, cruel person for awhile ;-) Maybe two weeks? For the greater good, but still. I was NASTY!
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby ncyg46 » Thu May 12, 2011 3:53 pm

well that is my vice still...working on it. I have a pack and a half left and some commits and we are going out camping on Monday so when I finish them, i don't think I will buy anymore. I may be a bear for a few days though....I know it takes 4 days to get it out of your system so I will have to survive. I can't do Chantix again, can't afford it and I think I am now immune to it. Doesn't seem to work anymore. :-(
ncyg46

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories