I reversed my Coronary Artery Disease

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: I reversed my Coronary Artery Disease

Postby Starchyme » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 pm

A correction - It's 'Silver Sneakers'. I'll go check if there's any programs in my proximity.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby flabingo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Another thing to look at for others, is the VA benefits for people that served in Vietnam for one day during the war. Because of Agent Orange, a person is elgible for VA at any age, which includes hospital and drug benefits. But it is means tested. I had a friend who was 63 years old and was living off his investments, with limited income, and he was able to go to the local VA hospital with minumal costs. I think his drugs were $8.00 /month. I think they have a similar program for people that worked at Livermore and other AEC facilities. Will check on Silver Slipper
flabingo

Postby flabingo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:13 pm

You are correct, it is Silver Sneakers. My mistake
flabingo

Postby Starchyme » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:22 pm

No biggie. When I searched 'silver slippers' it came up as 'silver sneakers' anyway. That's how I found out. So figured I'd pass the word. So far haven't found a program in my proximity. Boo hoo!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Ricardo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Dear Friends of this Discussion Board:

I had today a Carotid Test. My doctor said it is also relevant to have carotid arteries unclogged, as they flow needed blood to the brain. (The right and left vertebral arteries and the right common carotid artery and left are responsible for arterial vascularization of the neck and head).

Clogged carotids may cause many problems, as such: vision, speach and stroke. A stroke (or "brain attack") happens when your brain is injured due to a lack of blood flow.

I was nervous before the test. I am 71 years old and that could count against me... No need to say how happy I became after they let me know that the test was OK.

The doctor running the test answered YES! to my question if VLF and Vegan diet may have helped to have a better chance of keeping these arteries clean. I understand that a diet that caused reversal of CAD may also have helped to keep all arteries of my body clean.

So I may have had a by-product of my CAD reversal: Carotid Test OK!

I will be forever thankful to the good doctors: McDougall, Esselstyn, Ornish, K. Gould, Whittaker and others. I am happy here in this board. Dr. Pinckney and his support group have been great too. They all guided me to a better health.

I am never tired to repeat most of the benefits I got, adding today a good Carotid Test:

1) Reversed CAD, as last PET scan and tread mill tests are OK, as opposite to the tests I had before going VLF, Vegan food and exercise new lifestyle!
2) I got rid of my medicine for blood pressure! 14X9 now 12X8
3) Solved embarrassing "Irritable Bowel Syndrome"!
4) Reduced statins pills from 70 to 35 mg a week.
5) Less allergy. Some skin problems were reduced by 90%.
6) Less headaches. (Maybe due to solving milk allergies?).
(Benefits perhaps due to less clogging in sinus, allowing air to flow?).
7) No big belly (considered a big cardiac risk), as I lost weight
8 ) Good results in colonoscopy: no Polyps!
9) Good result in Carotid Test.

I am posting these results with the intention to help my Friends to talk to their doctors, about the benefits of our diets. Let me know what they may think and if they give us additional hints on how to have better diets and results.
Last edited by Ricardo on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricardo

Postby Starchyme » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Such wonderful news, Ricardo. Quite an inspiration for all of us. Wishing you continued success.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby afreespirit » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Wow, Ricardo! You are a true inspiration and I thank you for sharing all this. At 71 you likely have many more healthy years ahead, thanks to all your improvements. So happy for you. :-D
afreespirit

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories