Awesome test results

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Awesome test results

Postby Buffy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi everyone

My DH just got some test results that I have to share.

While he's the picture of health, he decided to have a general health check last week since he's now in his early 30s. He has a strong family history of bowel cancer, obesity and heart disease. The men often drop dead from heart attacks in their 40s and 50s and his own father had a major heart attack in his 40s. The doctors said the only thing that saved him was that he was so fit (he was running marathons at the time).

Anyway, DH got his test results today. Everything is fine and check out his cholesterol and triglycerides:

Total cholesterol: 73
HDL: 40
LDL: 34
Triglyercides: 35

I'm so thankful I came across the McDougall program all those years ago. We find it such a simple way to remain healthy, fit and slim.

Buffy

PS. Those of you who remember me from when I was regularly posting last year might remember that I was pregnant. Life with a baby has been really busy and I'm not able to get here much anymore. We had a healthy baby girl and she's now 11 months old. She's on the 90th centile and thriving on breastmilk and a McDougall diet. We're really enjoying her and can't imagine life without her.
Buffy

Great news Buffy

Postby f1jim » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:18 pm

On so many fronts, too. Congrats on the baby and your newfound way of eating. Congrats to your husband for the excellent numbers. Hope you will stick around every so often to share your experiences and help with others just starting the road to health.
Thanks for the post and update.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Caroveggie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Yes, thank you, your post is yet another good argument against that false belief that genetics trumps lifestyle and eating habits. Congrats to your family.
Caroveggie

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories