Huge results... just HUGE!!!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Huge results... just HUGE!!!

Postby Pacificfords » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:07 pm

I am excited to say that I had my labs done yesterday and in the past three weeks my kidney disease has gone from Stage 5 to Stage 4. I can't even tell you how HAPPY I was to hear that.

So... to sum it up. I was diagnosed in July... stage 5 kidney disease. July and August I had treatment and followed the hospital renal diet (with animal protein) and had no improvement. In September I started eating vegan and within two weeks my creatinine went from 5.2 down to 4.5. Today... three weeks later... my creatinine is 3.2 :D :D All of my other levels are normal so I really am doing great with the higher amounts of vegetable protein and potassium. And I am on my way to Stage 3... and then to beating this damn disease because they said I couldn't and there is nothing, but NOTHING that would make me feel better than to prove them wrong!!!!!
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
http://healthyandknowit2012.blogspot.com/
Pacificfords

Re: Huge results... just HUGE!!!

Postby veggielou » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:17 pm

So excited for you. I bet the Dr. was surprised. Looking forward to hearing of more improvements. Keep up the good work.
veggielou

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:22 pm

That is just wonderful news! Is he cutting back on your meds yet?
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby nomikins » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:22 pm

GREAT news! I know you must be ecstatic. What did the doctor have to say about it?
nomikins

Postby Vegankit » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Amazing, just amazing. You must be so happy.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby SactoBob » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Super, Super, Super. Things keep getting better also with time.
SactoBob

Postby Jillann » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Awesome!!! so happy to hear your changing ways are bringing you back your health... but I could always tell from your post that you are determind to do it... keep up the great work & can't wait for your next report... :)
Jillann

Postby Melinda » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Star McDougaller status coming up! :-D
Melinda

Postby Pacificfords » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Vegankit wrote:Amazing, just amazing. You must be so happy.

I am SO happy. It is strange because some of the reactions I get are .... "well, that is good, but don't get your hopes up." *sigh* I was told that I wouldn't get better and that I would be on dialysis within the year. The doctors refuse to believe that I can improve, but I am now and nothing could make me happier.

My aunt has a similar disease and has lived with it her entire life. She eats the renal diet, which, when I look at it now is a diet that will only make this disease worse. It takes away all whole grains, promotes animal protein, takes away vegetable proteins like beans and lentils and decreases the amount of fruits and vegetables to a very small amount and encourages more fat and sugar because they supposedly don't harm the kidneys. After 35 years she is just now going on the transplant list. She maintained her disease all those years because they told her there was no cure. I wonder... if she had changed her diet... I just wonder.

I am grateful to my sister for telling me to read The China Study and then sending me to this site. I read on this site each day to get encouragement, watch what the successful people are doing and I read, read, read the things that Dr. McDougall and others write in the research. I absolutely plan on being a star McDougaller and claiming victory not only over this kidney disease, but my weight issue as well.

Thank you for all the positive feedback!! You are all amazing and I am so glad to be here and on the right path.
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
http://healthyandknowit2012.blogspot.com/
Pacificfords

Postby Peacebloom » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Fantastic news! Good on ya for proving them wrong! :nod:
Peacebloom

Postby Jackie J » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Congratulations!!
Jackie J

Postby CJJ » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:05 am

That is just great news!!
CJJ

Postby Starchyme » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:10 am

Wonderful news. Wishing you the best. Happy McDougalling!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Ben » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:12 am

Wow, that is fantastic. Congratulations!
Ben

Postby lydia » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:50 am

Hearing about your test results changing is SOOOOO exciting. It really shows that our bodies really are designed to work if we put the right fuel in.....I just wish I could inspire the people around me who are suffering to try it..... Keep up the good work and it is obvious that you have great hope to reverse some or all of the damage. Love hearing about it.
lydia

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories