Y EP, it works

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Y EP, it works

Postby dollmaker » Fri May 20, 2011 1:03 pm

ok so I have lost 42 lbs...

there has been a ton of stress in my life since December when I moved my father in with me... my step daughter moved in at the same time..

she has lots of issues for an old 20yr old... one of them being she hates about everyone.. so it has been an interesting adjustment for us all... ( yes I would like her to go live in an apt now, she is living here to go to college for free, maybe she should go back to paying) ... anyway...

the farm flooded two days ago, it was a torrential hail storm for 20 mins destroying the food garden and salad tub, then the rains came, within one hour we were rescuing the horses dogs and cats...the pasture fencing mostly came down with tons of trash th roughout the farm... doors, chairs, walls, truck beds.. etc... basement got 8in, but remember it's backed up from the creek, so you have sewage, etc all mixed in with the silt...

I felt crushed, defeated and fat.. .I had been drinking a glass of red wine most nights for about a month, and eating cashews...

this morning was a doc apt check up... I feared getting on the scale, but wanted to see what I weighed at the doc's office so I did.. I LOST ANOTHER POUND.. LOL...

so thank God for plant based diets that work, and it can't be due to exercise because I am not really too good at that YET.. but getting there... two friends came to help put up the fencing again, so I can't blame that... it's the diet...

yay... hope you are all well! we will be recovering for a while.. and lots of cleanup this next few weeks..
Robin Armstrong Seeber[color=#0040BF]www.outsidetheboxprimitives.com[b]
[email protected][/color]
dollmaker

Re: Y EP, it works

Postby dollmaker » Fri May 20, 2011 1:09 pm

haha, my new photo, well i guess the site squeezes you so i look fatter in the pic... LOLImageImage

me with my favorite pirate, wish I could share mcdougall with him!

and 40+ pounds to go.. even th ough the charts say 70? yikes..
dollmaker

Postby Peacebloom » Fri May 20, 2011 1:32 pm

What excellent progress given all your chaos! :nod:
Peacebloom

Postby Faith in DC » Fri May 20, 2011 1:46 pm

sounds like you probably exercised that pound away. So sorry things have been stressful, but you know what, HIGH FIVE for sticking with it. You are doing great.

Are you married to the pirate? Hopefully he'll learn something from as you shrink away.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby dollmaker » Fri May 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi Faith... ( and thanks others) no I met him at a Halloween convention where my dolls debuted.. he was a funny sweet old man..

but .. I am married to a man with many illnesses, who refuses to even give it a try, a very educated man in biology, a botanist in fact, but totally against, "extreme " anything.. LOl.. but he is an extreme eater..as much fats, sugars and cheeses as he can get his hands on..

hoping to continue to be a good example!

thanks!
dollmaker

Postby sweetfruitlover » Sat May 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Good for you! It's especially hard to stick to a new healthy plan when things are spinning out of control around you. It's so tempting to go back to old comfort foods. So that means it's really becoming a part of your life. And that's so exciting to see another pound lost too. Yay!

Good luck being a good example to your husband, and dealing with all the new people added to your household recently. The stepdaughter sounds really challenging, but at least she will eventually move along, right? Best of luck with everything.
sweetfruitlover

Postby dollmaker » Sat May 21, 2011 6:56 pm

hey thanks Sweet...

yes she will be moving along hopefully soon...

she and her father are away for the weekend.. wow, the absence of the negative energy is so relaxing and wonderful. My dad and i have had such a nice day...

I have no craving or desire to go back to comfort foods, thank God.. I have no intention of becoming a diabetic again..

thanks for the encouragement!
dollmaker

Postby Faith in DC » Mon May 23, 2011 11:35 am

The good example takes a long time for some people to figure out if ever. I'm sure he'd agree to eating more veggies and fruits and whole grains instead of refined. Even those small changes may help him.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby dollmaker » Mon May 23, 2011 11:55 am

well yes, but he cooks his own food, I cook for my father because hubby won't eat it..

he normally has cheeseburgers,and french fries, rarely vegetables.. and just finished with a terrible rectal fistula.. 3yrs of pain, guess some people's bottom is lower than others..

hopefully one day!!
dollmaker

Postby Ricardo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Dollmaker,
have in mind that the McDougall program also helps to prevent or to reverse coronary aartery disease, This would be also an insentive to stick to the diet that is helping you to loose weight. With vegan diet and VLF I got my CAD reversed. It was one of the best things in my life.
Have you tested your blood for cholesterol? Are the marks better now?
Your are an inspiration for all of us.
I wish you all the best,
Ricardo
Ricardo

Postby dollmaker » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:35 am

ahh ok yes ! my cholesterol is 150 down from 188, it was never mentioned as a problem number by the docs, but then you know how that is.. all my numbers are good now and down 48pounds..

very happy and healthy righ tnow !! hope it stays that way

an acquaintance is raw vegan, she was just dx with breast cancer stage 2, so she is in bad shape with mastectomy, chemo and radiation... I didn't know what to tell her.. I guess some people will get cancer no matter what.. so sad...
dollmaker

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories