My Numbers (Repost)

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My Numbers (Repost)

Postby afreespirit » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:20 pm

This is just a repost of my message in the Lounge to the appropriate forum. Sorry for any confusion.

Today I went to the free AARP/Walgreens Wellness Tour at my local Walgreens. Here are my numbers:

Blood Pressure: 136/85 --without medication! 120/80 or lower would be better, but this is a VAST improvement over what it used to be on 3 meds! A former typical reading was 185/93. Or more.

Glucose: 83 -- Normal is 90-130

Total Cholesterol:139-- Normal is less than 200 and 150 or under supposedly makes you Heart Attack-Proof. I think the last chol test I had some years ago was 199.

Bone Density: 1.1-- Normal is above -1.0

They also did Body Comp (% fat), BMI and waist measurement--since I am still very overweight, mine were atrocious. I still have plenty of work to do, but I am thrilled with these results. These numbers are with no exercise...when my exercise program gets underway I expect them to be even better. Thank you with all my heart, Dr. McDougall!

You can go to aarpwalgreens.com/tour to see when the tour is coming near you. You can be any age. It is a big bus and took only about a half-hour or less. I also got a free 1-year subscription to AARP, tote bag, and coupons to have my glucose, cholesterol/HDL and Hb A1c checked for free at Walgreens. I do have Medicare, but haven't been seeing the doctor for now to avoid copays. I will get all these and more checked again in future at a "real" doctor (and lab).

Edited to add: I went to see fireworks tonight and had to stand for 45 minutes...I could not have done that a year ago (understatement). For years I spilled protein in my urine (I check it with dipstix)....no sign of it anymore, since sometime last year.
Last edited by afreespirit on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
afreespirit

Re: My Numbers (Repost)

Postby Potatohead » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Congrats :D your numbers certainly look good.... :D
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Ricardo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:05 am

Wonderful !!! Good to know you are doing ok and improving a lot.
Keep us informed with your new numbers.

Please tell us what was the information most helped you fromDr. McDougall and what changes you did in your diet. I would like to know. It would help me a lot to know...

Cheers
Ricardo
Ricardo

Postby ETeSelle » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:27 pm

CONGRATS!!!! Keep up the great work! :D
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby afreespirit » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Ricardo wrote:Please tell us what was the information most helped you fromDr. McDougall and what changes you did in your diet. I would like to know. It would help me a lot to know...
Cheers
Ricardo
Thank you everyone...Ricardo, glad to see you here. To answer your question, it was not any one thing about the McDougall Program. Rather it was understanding the entirety of his Plan, studying it, and taking it to heart. I changed from a SAD diet to the Maximum Weight Loss, unprocessed McDougall Plan, as so many others here have done. I learned from their successes, so generously shared on this site. I can't point to any one thing. Even with a diet a little heavier on starch than I would like (due to affordability issues), it has worked for me. But I still have far to go on my journey.

Everything you need to succeed is on this website, including in the invaluable Newsletters. I found going back into old posts (especially in Jeff's forum) particularly helpful, as nearly every question one can think of has already been asked and answered. I have consistently found every one of Dr. McD's (and JeffN's) statements to stand the test of all the research and cross-checks I could come up with. Not to mention, borne out by my own experience. I cannot say enough good things about the integrity, sincerity and generosity of these two individuals.

The rewards are rich for those who adhere to the McDougall lifestyle--better than money can buy. Without health we have nothing. Dr. McDougall lights the way.
afreespirit

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories