Doctors advice

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Doctors advice

Postby goal140 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:18 pm

My 15 year old son had his sports physical today. His doctor was giving him a pep talk when it was brought to the doctors attention that he was a big time SAD eater. The doctor told him to cut way back on dairy products and fried foods. He then went on to talk about mediocrity, about being average. So he told my son that as long as he was eating a SAD diet, he would never be the best athlete that he could be. Well something must have clicked, because on the way home I was telling him about vegetarian athletes, and he didn't tune me out. I was telling him that I could make him microwave potato chips and that they contained no fat, and he could eat (within reason) all that he wanted. Normally, he won't even taste something that I make for myself, but he agreed to try the chips and proceeded to eat them all. To me, this is such a big deal, finally a step in the right direction. Hopefully he will be more agreable to at least try my "rabbit food" as he calls it. :D
goal140

Re: Doctors advice

Postby Love the Lorax » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Getting a teen boy to listen to eating something not SAD!! Excellent! My 14 yo son thinks a vege diet is horrid (just like his overweight father....).
Love the Lorax

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories