It's my turn! (with photos)

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

It's my turn! (with photos)

Postby nordgirl » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:00 am

I recently saw some pictures taken of me last summer, and I was really stunned at how heavy I looked. The inspiration for changing our WOE was my husband's diabetes, but when I saw those pictures of me it really hit home for the first time that my husband isn't the only one in the family who has benefited from Dr. McDougall. Although my weight loss isn't as impressive as some of the folks on this board, nevertheless it has made a huge difference to my sense of well being. I'm so grateful to have been able to benefit from the information given for free on this website. I didn't even buy any of Dr. McDougall's books until a few months after we started McDougalling!

I've lost a total of 18 pounds, I'm 5'3" and weigh 115 pounds which is exactly what I weighed at 16! Not bad for 47 :wink:

Here are a few awful before shots and one taken today.

My husband was my partner in crime... pass the cheetos!

That's me on the left, with the huge arms and big old muffin top. I actually believed that my arms were getting bigger because of my age. Nothing to do with being fat :?

I love this one, it looks like I've won a medal in the eating olympics! I should have :oops:

Okay, that's enough of the depressing shots. Here is one of me and then one of my husband since he was in one of the before shots. We've lost a total of 65 pounds.

My type 2 diabetic husband and I have lost a total of 65 pounds thanks to Dr. McDougall. I'm cooking for a household of 7 McDougallers, and enjoying good health and a renewed sense of well being.
- Lisa P.
nordgirl

Re: It's my turn! (with photos)

Postby BunnyNestHideaway » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:32 am

You both look great!!! Congrats on your new healthy life. (:
BunnyNestHideaway
BunnyNestHideaway

Postby DLivingston » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 am

Thanks for sharing -- you both look great.
DLivingston

Postby giddyupgin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:23 am

Wooo! Hooo! you both look not only great you look younger...good for your Husband to get you on board...he is your Hero....Plant a big Kiss!
Have a great ride as we ride through life...
from giddy up gin <^__~~ Wooo....hooo...

http://www.windowpanearts.blogspot.com
http://www.giddyupgin.blogspot.com
giddyupgin

Postby MmmCarbs » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Congratulations nordgirl! You look so much slimmer in the waist and arms. Your hubby looks great as well.

My all time high photos looked similar to yours and I had the same sort of disbelief about the changes in my upper arms. I thought well, maybe it's just not possible to have slim upper arms at my age. The 10 pound weight loss has really helped my upper arms but I'm still carrying a bit of lower belly pouch.
MmmCarbs

Postby lydia » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:45 pm

You both look sooooo healthy now. You both seem to feel so much more comfortable in your bodies, so much more confident! Thanks for sharing.
lydia

Postby carrotlvr » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Wow, you both look terrific and very youthful! So what does a typical day look like for you now that you are nice and slim?
carrotlvr

Postby f1jim » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Wonderful improvements from both of you. Congrats on your progress.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Adrienne » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Wow congratulations!! You both look great.
Adrienne

Postby Tiger » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:35 am

Given the context, the photo of you eating the ice cream cone made me laugh. Caught in the act!

You both look great! (And thanks for the hope about the upper arms.)
Be compassionate, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.
Tiger

Postby TerriT » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:40 am

You both look great, and I think you look more energetic than in the "before" photos too. Congratulations to you both on your progress, it's definitely inspiring!
TerriT

Postby nordgirl » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:18 am

Thanks for all the nice replies, I also laughed when I saw the ice cream photo (not at the time though) :) That's the kind of photo you stick on your fridge for those moments of weakness!

My all time high photos looked similar to yours and I had the same sort of disbelief about the changes in my upper arms. I thought well, maybe it's just not possible to have slim upper arms at my age. The 10 pound weight loss has really helped my upper arms but I'm still carrying a bit of lower belly pouch.

Check out this thread on plank exercises, my tummy needs some firming too, everyone says planks are the best for that viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28992
My type 2 diabetic husband and I have lost a total of 65 pounds thanks to Dr. McDougall. I'm cooking for a household of 7 McDougallers, and enjoying good health and a renewed sense of well being.
- Lisa P.
nordgirl

Postby nicoles » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 am

How great! You both look more energetic and youthful now, not to mention stunning!

Thanks for sharing :)
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby Lexus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Wow, you both look great! Quite an inspiration to me on my 4th day with new WOE. Thanks!
All my best, Lexus

Began the journey to health on April 20, 2012!

Lexus

Postby nordgirl » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 am

carrotlvr wrote:Wow, you both look terrific and very youthful! So what does a typical day look like for you now that you are nice and slim?

Not much has changed there, I'm still the dietician, diabetes coach, chef, laundress, maid and zoo keeper around here :) The main difference is that I don't have to obsess about my weight anymore, that's one formerly stressful situation resolved. Sometimes I can hardly believe it, because I spent over 10 years unhappy about it. I'm also thrilled with my new wardrobe!
- Lisa P.
nordgirl

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories