High blood pressure

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

High blood pressure

Postby Peeps.McDD » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi there
Thank you for letting me join.
I am posting on behalf of my brother in law.
He was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with dangerously high blood pressure, stage 3 hypertension (his blood pressure 192/111) he was placed immediately on to medication by the GP and he has just received his blood results and it transpires that his cholesterol is 5.2 which the GP says is extremely dangerous combined with the high B/P. He is now on 3 types of medication and he's so dizzy and disoriented with the side effects, he can't work.
My brother in law is
52 years old
Never smoked.
Has been a vegetarian for 15 years.
Has been dairy and alcohol free for 8 years.
Is not particularly overweight.
Gave up actual eggs last October but has been having them in some processed foods until December 2016
Has been totally vegan for 6 weeks now.
His typical diet would consist of 8 portions of fruit, veg and nuts each day with some processed veggie/vegan foods, wholemeal bread. He would have 1 to 2 bags of crisps per day and other things like vegan sausage rolls etc.
Not the best diet I know, but certainly not the worst!
The doctor thinks his condition may just be genetic. He has no prior blood pressure problems to this.
Any info or advice would be gratefully received!
Peeps.McDD

Re: High blood pressure

Postby pundit999 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:37 pm

First off move this post to lounge where it belongs and where you will get more responses.

But there is a lot you bil can benefit by adopting the whole food plant based diet with no added oil. And the focus on starches makes it easy to follow it long term. Vegan is far from what is followed here.
pundit999

Postby Riva » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:04 pm

In terms of the health issues he has - his diet has been dangerous. Very high fat and processed.
According to the eating principles of Dr. McDougall if he gets off added fats and onto UNPROCESSED foods I do believe he can help himself tremendously!

Riva
Never Ever Give Up
Riva

Postby Peeps.McDD » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:19 am

Thank you both very much. I've posted in the Lounge! Sorry, still don't know my way around!
Peeps.McDD

Postby americaninca46 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi Peeps, I actually do not feel qualified to give medial advice, but would like to encouraged you in seeking better health for yourself and your bother-in law. I am new to this group, but am very confident in Dr. McDougall. Best wishes and chat any time. Rebia
americaninca46

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories