One year on the plan. Before and after pics.

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: One year on the plan. Before and after pics.

Postby Cube » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:06 am

SilvioR wrote:
Since both my parents passed away, I don't have to deal with anybody besides my girlfriend that lives with me. Since I am in the "tech" field, I work from home and I provide for my girlfriend, so I prepare both lunches and dinners for both. I know that she eats non-compliant food (I look at our groceries and in the fridge), but I think that one should be tolerant and give other people the freedom to do whatever they want. I just draw the footsteps, she will follow is she wants. Since she doesn't understand English, I bought her the Italian translation of Starch Solution book (not a good translation in my opinion, especially in the recipes chapters). At home. when I am done with my starch meals, I go in my room to take a nap, so I give her freedom to eat whatever she wants (ice creams, chicken tendies, and so on).
I am quite tolerant about that, because she is slightly above the normal weight and I don't like skinny girls. I know that those foods are not good for the health, but relationships are a complicated stuff. It's quite good to have found a nice girl, and I can't turn into a dictator.
Restaurants are not a problem at all. You can have wonderful pizza marinara in every restaurant here, and oil free bread without looking as a weird person. All the Chinese places are fine too (just stick to steamed rice and veggies).
Best regards my Gauloise friend!

So sorry to hear about your parents...

Ok, so I understand why for you, going to the gym is even more important if you work from home. That's great if you both are tolerant with each other way of eating. There's no French translation of the Starch solution yet, but I hope it'll change : I just started a Facebook page where I translate all the Success Stories from the McDougall website, and then I'll try to translate the book, but it's a huge work !

Here in France, pizzas are 99% of the time loaded with oil, so you can't be compliant in an Italian restaurant. But yeah, Asian restaurants are a better option here.

A presto, amigo ! :)
Cube

Postby bonnieannatlanta » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:34 pm

Hi Silvio, thank you for your posts here. You have inspired me! What exactly is in your pasta in this picture?
bonnieannatlanta

Postby bonnieannatlanta » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:37 pm

Hi Silvio, thank you for your posts here. You have inspired me! What exactly is in your pasta in this picture?
bonnieannatlanta

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories