18 Days....

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

18 Days....

Postby fulenn » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:54 pm

18 days on McDougall and 16 pounds lost.....Wow! This way of eating rocks! It has been hard, especially at my child's band potluck, but I ate before we went and did fine. I quit coffe at the same time. Basically, I quit coffee, dairy, meat, and added oils. Love it! My family is eating mostly--not totally--what I am eating and have commented on skin clearing up, stuffy noses clearing up, and one said her stomach wasn't hurting anymore. This is wonderful. I have high hopes that we will be a McD. family soon. I have never experienced losing weight and eating like this before, so I am kind of scared that it won't continue; however, I am doing this for my health and the weight has just been the frosting on the cake. It just figures that I am so focused on the weight loss.

Anyway, keep it up everyone. I'm counting on everyone here to help me stay focused and to help me keep making good choices.

Fulenn
fulenn

Postby Zena » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Fulenn--Congrats on your great results so far! The hard work you're putting into changing your lifestyle and health is paying off big time. Wishing you much continued success :-)
Zena

Postby fulenn » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:17 pm

Thank you, Zena.
:-D
Fulenn
fulenn

Postby wordweaver » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:27 pm

Thanks for sharing your success! You are an inspiration.
The difference between try and triumph is the UMPH.
wordweaver

Postby prism » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:23 pm

Keep up the good work!
It's great that your family is doing it with you
:)
Beth

----------------------------------

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxjg87C/]
prism

Postby proverbs31woman » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:30 pm

fulenn,

That's wonderful results for you and your family!
proverbs31woman

Re: 18 Days....

Postby Nettie » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:48 am

fulenn wrote:18 days on McDougall and 16 pounds lost.....Wow! This way of eating rocks! .... I have never experienced losing weight and eating like this before, so I am kind of scared that it won't continue; however, I am doing this for my health and the weight has just been the frosting on the cake. It just figures that I am so focused on the weight loss...

You think 18 days makes a difference - wait until you have 18 months behind you. It will pass before you know it, and you'll be a completely different person. It will no longer be hard; eating this way will just be second nature. The cravings and temptations will be less and less.

Congratulations on hanging in there! Better things to come, I assure you.

Nettie
Nettie

Postby fulenn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I am definitely looking forward to the 18 month mark!
fulenn

Postby vlgimmelli » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:14 am

HI Fulenn,

Congratulations...that is awesome!!!!!!!! What plan are you following? Do you have a lot of weight to lose? How are you feeling? I am starting again MWL program and putting my all to follow it and reach my goal and change my lifestyle. I have over 85 pounds to lose so I have a long way ahead of me, but I want to get healthy and this is the way to do it.

Have a great day.

Congrats again!!!! Keep up the great work!
Sincerely,
Lillian :)
vlgimmelli

Postby Rita » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:56 am

Congratulations, Fulenn. It'll get better and better. Keep us apprised.
Rita

Postby Dale Jackson » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Way to go!! That's fabulous.
Dale Jackson

Postby fulenn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:03 pm

vlgimmelli wrote:HI Fulenn,

Congratulations...that is awesome!!!!!!!! What plan are you following? Do you have a lot of weight to lose? How are you feeling?

Hi Lillian! Just the regular program: no extra fats at all, no dairy, no animal products. Okay, I ate 2 bites of chicken and 4 bites of beef this month. I was still under 10grams of sat. fat each of those days! :) I am still feeling well, lots of energy, still have 69 lbs to lose. It will probably take awhile, but I am in this to be healthy and not to lose weight. Of course I am THRILLED to see the weight loss! I also want my children to learn to eat well and know how to cook/eat like this. I figure the best way is to let this food be their comfort food instead of what I grew up on. I want their warm memories of family gatherings to have fruit salads and brocolli on the table. Hopefully this will pass down. I lost 24 lbs this year just by cutting out snacking and seconds at mealtimes. The McDougall 16 lbs brought the total to 40. I am SO enjoying this!

Thanks for the support everyone!

Fulenn
fulenn

Just starting today

Postby Liza Jane » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi to all. I'm a newbie and wasn't sure where to post. I'm on the program starting today for Mary's basic fooddiet instead of the Mwl program. I've been doing Vegan for almost a year. Well, about 90% Vegan. I've started cheating by a bite of meat here, a little mexican food there until I'm up 10 lbs. So, today is the beginning of Mary's simple foods. I'm not good at having lots of choice as I eat and eat. I hope this will work for me, or I should say I hope I stay on this. I've been doing lots of reading and studying.

Congratulations on your weight loss. That is fantastic!!!
Liza Jane

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:41 am

Fulenn
Great way to do, slow and sure. 40 is excellent progress for a year. The kind that build permanent change.

Welcome aboard Liza Jane. We do have a weight loss board too.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby dfurbee » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:33 am

Fulenn,

Congrats on the loss :D
dfurbee

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories