Ex-ETLer moving to McDougall

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Suebee » Wed May 14, 2008 6:17 am

I'm with you! I can't stand those recipes either except the smoothies and then I just gained weight on that!! However, you don't have to make ANY McDougall recipe you don't like--I don't particularly like Mexican or Italian, but I love Thai or Indian--ANY international cuisine can be adapted to McDougall! Only thing is, most that I like require salt--like Chinese or Japanese--I just can't see eating those without salt! But I don't salt like they do--it's too much for me too. Tomatoes, garlic and spices can take the place of salt in many recipes. I think you gained weight just because you are eating starches which holds more water in the body. Don't worry about it--I think it's temporary. Glad you are enjoying your food once more! Food is one of the joys of life--it shouldn't be a trial. Best of health!
Suebee

yeah it's only 5 lbs

Postby ncyg46 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:23 am

i made the potato/cabbage soup yesterday from the free program part and boy was it good. I was trying to use up some cabbage and even ed liked it and had several bowls. He added his chicken to it, I ate it the way it was.

funny thing, I called into the tuesday nite phone call with elijah and stayed anonymous and just listened to them all talk...seems more and more cultish...that nobody can do anything unless it is "approved". Someone brought up the MLM aspect of the program, that they should start that, like they should all make money from promoting it. oy, seems like they all have enough money without that!!!! I was so tempted to unmute myself and tell Elijah that he looks horrible. In his new picture he looks like an anorexic count dracula...and he is moving tomorrow to New Jersey from Colorado to join Dr. Fuhrman in the business. I sure hope he knows what he is doing....
ncyg46

Postby QueenV » Wed May 14, 2008 2:59 pm

I'm brand new. I did ETL 2 years ago and lost about 45 pounds in 6 months, but found it hard going, what with the limit on starches. I also found myself getting obsessive about what I was eating to meet his daily requirements which I thought was getting a little unhealthy, so I went back to my standard vegan diet. I have put the weight back on (obviously) and now am starting on the McDougall plan. It seems more do-able to me without having to stress about it too much. I'm still learning and have a bunch more reading to get me up to speed.
QueenV

welcome

Postby ncyg46 » Wed May 14, 2008 4:59 pm

I am fairly new to this also, was on e2l for 9 months, lost the weight, was miserable and my numbers got worse along with my mood...and it seems like everything I did was wrong to the other members...so I cancelled the member site and left.

I am still eating alot of veggies but not obsessing over whether I eat starches or not..it's a matter of which one?????? I try to have as much fresh food in the rv as I can fit and some weeks are better than others...if I miss a salad I am not going to get upset about it! :-D
ncyg46

Previous

Return to How to Begin