new again

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

new again

Postby sherrysstars » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:48 am

Hello to everyone! I'm finally back. I started Dr. Mcdougall's program on Jan.31,2008 and did just great for 6months. Lost 24 lbs. Had a wonderful checkup at the DR on July 31,2008 and he was very excited for me. He asked me how I lost the weight and I told him it was the veggies. Happy me...And Then..I had a horrible stroke 1 wk later. Well that was the end of that. My brain has been on a hiatus for months and I am just now trying to wrap my head back around this program. Drugs, brain fog, physical distress...I am a mess..and I gained almost all the weight back. I lost all restraint when it came to eating, just whatever was around. My energy is coming back now and I have been cooking potatoes again. They are still my favorite food. :-P Always have been! Sorry this post is so long - needed to put stuff down, before I lose this train of thought. I've been reading some of the recent posts so as to get back into it. Anyway I'm glad to have a place to go and I always loved reading at your place. Thanks for listening. Sherry
Never Give Up!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWaDVKk/]
sherrysstars

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:35 am

Oh my Sherry. You had a stroke while you were following McDougall? You were following it faithfully? Do you remember what your cholesterol was that July? What a health problem to be recovering from especially when you are doing what you think is right to keep you healthy. I'm so sorry.

It sounds like you've made tremendous progress. You should be proud of your comeback and trying to regain your health. hugs
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby talkingmountain » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:37 am

Sherry,

How wonderful that you are back! I can only imagine how much worse your stroke might have been had you not been McDing for those 6 months.

It must be so frustrating to have the brain fog and all the other struggles... (worse than having severe menopause 24 hours a day :shock: )

But you keep up the good work and your excellent diet and you will shock your doctor with the speed and quality of your recovery!

Take care and all the best to you.
talkingmountain

Postby Letha. » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:48 am

Hi Sherry,
Welcome back. I’m glad to hear you are recovering and getting back to eating McDougall. I also love potatoes. My newest thing is eating sweet potatoes with fruit like apple, bananas, pears, blueberries, & kiwi. Best wishes. :)
Letha
Letha.

Return to How to Begin