New to McDougall, starting with two weeks of "mini-mac&

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New to McDougall, starting with two weeks of "mini-mac&

Postby Gweithgar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:09 am

Hi,
I'm waiting for my books to arrive, which should be some time this week. Meanwhile, I've been reading the free program advice and checking out the newsletter archieves. I've been vegetarian/vegan for about the past year and have tried fancy raw, 80-10-10 raw, Christina Pirello modified macrobiotics, and just sort of winging it.

I have just started on a two-week mini-mac program, with potatoes as my central starch. Can I just say: Whoo-hoo! It's lovely to have potatoes back on the menu! Not to even mention how cool it is to have starches as the center of my food plans. A few years ago, I tried a low-carb regimen. I dropped weight, but I felt lousy, and, promises to the contrary, it really messed up my cholesterol. At the time, I thought longingly how nice it would be to have a "diet" where oatmeal, potatoes, and whole grains would be the main ingredient. And it was here all the time.
Gweithgar

Postby sksamboots » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:13 am

welcome to the program :)
sksamboots

Postby Letha. » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi Gweithgar,
Welcome to the program. I did 80/10/10 raw for 6+ months. I found it made me irritable. Harder on the folks around me then for me I think. :cool: I think I’m much more pleasant when I eat rice & potatoes. If you haven’t already, check out the recipes on my blog. http://mwlfood.wordpress.com/
Letha
Letha.

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:39 pm

I'd be grouchy too if I was 80-10-10. I love my salads, but man, I need my grains and taters too. You can do so much more with them and it's easier to live out in society too. Heck you can always still have some raw stuff too.

So welcome aboard.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Gweithgar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Letha! Thanks for the recipes. I "faved" you to my bookmarks.
Gweithgar

Return to How to Begin