Diet

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Diet

Postby Loveskale » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Hello Everyone!

I have started the elmination diet, and I have some questions of my own about it, since I haven't really done an elimination diet before.

1) After introducing something new, and finding out that it works, is it ok to just keep on eating it at the diet progresses? also, if something does work, after two days of eating it, do I just start something else after that?

2) Do I need to eliminate spices as well, or just hold off from using them until the diet is over?

-Loveskale
Last edited by Loveskale on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loveskale

That's how I would do it.

Postby f1jim » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Keep increasing the available foods after insuring it isn't affecting you. I would bring the spices on slowly, treating them as foods.
Good luck finding the source of your issue.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Loveskale » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks,

I am already feeling a lot less pain, and surprisingly, my mood has improved dramatically! Like a total personality change almost completely overnight...

Before if something bad happened I would shut down...now I handle things a whole lot better. I am happier, and it really shows.

I guess there was a lot more going on then I realised, I am glad I went on the diet.

Now a few more questions have come up:

1) Are beet stems okay? I assume they are part of the greens so they should be okay.

2) I have been vegan (but not a totally helthy one, obviously) for 5 and a half years, that means I need a B12 supplement...should I treat that as a food as well? The ones I have are chewable.

Thanks for your response!
Loveskale

Return to How to Begin