Not so new, but need to get back!

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Not so new, but need to get back!

Postby xanthia » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:26 am

Hey there! I lost 40lbs doing MWL years back and I've gained 15 back. Ugh. I keep on moving to convenience foods, oils and snack foods to fill up. I'm sick of not fitting in my clothing and feeling like crud. I bake a lot and I've been eating too much of it. I feel like I'm always putting food in my mouth because of boredom.

So I'm around again. Going to do MWL starting today but I have already 2 pre-planned dinners out at non-friendly restaurants so I'll just take it as it comes this weekend and be more strict on Monday.

I just need to COOK more, so I'm planning out a menu and shopping list and hope to precook some stuff this weekend for the week so I have no excuses. I also should up the exercise too and will probably move my 2 mile runs to 3+ mile runs depending on how I feel with the food changes.
xanthia

Postby sksamboots » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:31 am

I'm glad your here :-D
sksamboots

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:35 pm

good for you for recognizing that the clothes were getting too tight, and then analyzing your life to see the break downs. That is excellent. Most of us fail at that important factor when we start gaining, and end up gaining all we lost back. Believe me I've done it.

Soon you'll remember what you've been missing and how good it is.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to How to Begin